News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe Sonderfuhrer(Wartime Officials)

Hi Gary

Nice Shoulder cords. The first set however are not for a Luftwaffe Sonderfuhrer. There was no silver braid running through the cord. Both Heer and Luftwaffe Sonderfuhrer of Post Group O and Post group G wore shouldercords of a double braid of dark green withor without silver slides. What you have posted I have over time identified as cords for a Heeres Beamte a. K. 1939 regulations NCO mit portepee.

Here are Sonderfuhrer cords

• Replies 116
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gary

Nice Shoulder cords. The first set however are not for a Luftwaffe Sonderfuhrer. There was no silver braid running through the cord. Both Heer and Luftwaffe Sonderfuhrer of Post Group O and Post group G wore shouldercords of a double braid of dark green withor without silver slides. What you have posted I have over time identified as cords for a Heeres Beamte a. K. 1939 regulations NCO mit portepee.

Here are Sonderfuhrer cords

Hey Larry,

The first set do belong to the LW Sonderfuhrer as well. The medium grade level did use the shoulder cords with the silver running through it. Please see the tunic I have posted in the first page of this thread. The shoulder straps you have up are for a LW Sonderfuhrer of the lower grade level.

• 4 years later...
    • 2 weeks later...

I am thinking it might be the Reiterabzeichen.

Larry

Thanks guys, it might be the Reiterabzeichen but it is hard to tell.

Of course the KVK was awarded to civilians as well as military personnel who performed outstanding service for the war effort.

Cheers,

Larry

• 1 year later...

Hello!

Here is my only contribution to this interesting thread.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_09_2014/post-1000-0-60562400-1410288109.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_09_2014/post-1000-0-06590900-1410288128.jpg

Best regards,Morten.

Two very interesting photos which belong together, showing a Beamter a.K. at work. Many of the official films and photos, as made by the Kriegsberichter units were in fact made with a B.a.K. behind the camera. In the first photo he is obviously guided by the major behind him. This major (probably an Austrian by birth) is clearly visible in the second photo.

Many of the elderly Beamter served previously (in the First World War) as regular soldiers, as can be noted from their ribbon bars and decorations. Some even served in some of the many the Freikorps after 1918.

Edited by Odulf

Odulf,

On the first set, third from the right... are you sure that this one is wartime? The uniform looks post war? Could this be some sort of transitional uniform? Also, there is no chest eagle. This uniform is either a very unstandard tailored example or ... ? Interesting.

Morten and Odolf, you have some amazing photos. Once I get my wife to transfer the scanned photo to my email, I will post it.

Paul

Odulf,

I just saw your last two posts with Admin Official photos. You have some really amazing shots. I really like the NCO admin photo. I will have to start a thread for LW Beamte photos. I love these!

Last but not least, there was the Truppen-Sonderdienst (TSD).

This is one of my favorite photos, nothe the most interesting ribbon bar of this guy...

The photo is dated: "Weihnachten 1944, from Otto"

Edited by Odulf

Odulf,

On the first set, third from the right... are you sure that this one is wartime? The uniform looks post war? Could this be some sort of transitional uniform? Also, there is no chest eagle. This uniform is either a very unstandard tailored example or ... ? Interesting.

Morten and Odolf, you have some amazing photos. Once I get my wife to transfer the scanned photo to my email, I will post it.

Paul

I am not sure Paul, there was a text written on the back in pencil, but it has been removed and the impressions left are difficult to decyphre. Perhaps some day with a black light lamp or so...

I have always had this in a box with post war photos of POWs etc.

Last but not least, there was the Truppen-Sonderdienst (TSD).

This is one of my favorite photos, nothe the most interesting ribbon bar of this guy...

The photo is dated: "Weihnachten 1944, from Otto"

I have not seen more than one or two TSD photos. These are rare. I love that ribbon bar. NSDAP Long Service and Olympic Support Medal, First Class no less. I bet that this was an awesome medal bar to look at.

Interesting hat as well. It looks like an EM Hermann Goring Division visor cap with officer's cord applied. Really cool.

Here are a couple of mine. I need to start scanning more of my photos.

These are some really nice portraits. One is of a Major's equivalent and the other is a really high quality NCO print.

Very nice portraits you sharing my friend.This thread is now amazing! :)