News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolian uniforms

Sure,

Here you go:

MNGLtParadeRibbons.jpg

The ribbons are top down, left to right, the Order of the Red Banner of

Combat Valor, the Order of Combat Valor, the Order of the Polar Star,

the Order of the Polar Star, the Honorary Medal of Combat, the

Mongolian "We have conquered" WWII victory medal, the USSR Victory over

Japan medal and the medal for 25 years of the MPR.

• 4 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 5 months later...

Things have been rather (= VERY) quiet outside the German sub-fora, so let me try (again) to get some interest going elsewhere. I hope someone bothers to look.

A major general. Too large for the mannequin, sorry. Also have the pants.

His sewn-on ribbon bar has been shown at http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15730&st=126 and older patches found in the pocket at http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=24432&st=25 and I still look around for other hidden wonders or tags.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

this is a great jacket. Is this exactly the same cloth as soviet walk-out generals?

the shoulderboards seem to be soviet ones with embroidery, it could be is an interesting point.

are there leaves around the visor cap cockade or are they reserved to the parade uniform?

Thanks for the interest! :beer:

this is a great jacket. Is this exactly the same cloth as soviet walk-out generals?

Sorry, I don't know. My interests (and holdings) in Soviet uniforms die out pretty quickly after 1942.

the shoulderboards seem to be soviet ones with embroidery, it could be is an interesting point.

They are of the distinctive Mongolian design.

are there leaves around the visor cap cockade or are they reserved to the parade uniform?

Nothing on this one. Let me check pictures to try to answer this, but few folks in photos wear hats.

Let me know if close-ups of anything are desired.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

you're welcome Ed, the field of mongolian uniforms is not documented and we must rely on empiric collections.

I have the feeling that shoulderboards have the same "zigzag" metallic thread basis than soviet ones. Then they added the "greek" scheme embroidery.

There are great chances they were produced in soviet workshops. Not any tailor marks inside?

• 3 weeks later...