News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bringing History to life...

Alex K

You are getting very good at this!! Do you accept requests? :catjava:

Hi Paul It really depends on what it is and the complexity as not all images lend themselves to colourisation, I have many examples which just "Don't work". If suitable I could do the odd request, you would need to post an image for me to tell.

regards

Alex

?Hi nice work. From my point of view, I personally slightly mute the colours when I colourise. Hope you don't mind, but this is how I would have done it (Quickly), done the SHAEF badge also although it's a difficult area to get at. Comments welcome

Edit, I admit I'm no expert on US Uniforms but I may have a try at a few

regards

Alex

Hi Jeff hope you don't mind but I don't normally get a chance to do US Generals, so I thought I'd "borrow" your B/W photo and have a go from scratch, here's my interpretation (Right or wrong), comments one way or the other appreciated

regards

Alex K

Alex,

You hit the nail on the head, with the US General's photo. Your talent is amazing!

Here is the photo I was telling you about. Can you make this one come to life?

Paul

Alex,

You hit the nail on the head, with the US General's photo. Your talent is amazing!

Paul

Hi Paul, any idea which branch, ie flight, flak etc as that will effect the tabs and piping colour?

Edit: spoke to soon with my brains in neutral, looking at the tabs is he musical?

Jeff thanks, feel free to use the image, it's yours after all, I merely borrowed it.

regards

Alex

Edited by Alex K

Alex,

Paul

Hi Paul, image attached, hope it works!

regards

Alex

Hi Stephan, those are two very nice images to have of your grandpa, and to be honest I would have guessed that they were true colour photo's, great colouring work, well done.

regards

Alex

Another from me,

Bernard Griese and Rudolf Pannier

Edited by Alex K

Hi Paul, I agree!! It seems that there are many more people who find this sort of thing both enjoyable and absorbing. In the end, as can be seen, there are some very talented members who try to bring "History back to life".

Black and white images can be interesting, but when a full colour version "Hits you in the face", you suddenly realise that the subject lived their lives in full colour and not in shades of grey. I applaud all those who have contributed and hope they continue to do so.

regards

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

My latest effort: my great uncle Eddie. Photo probably taken in late 1945 or early 1946.

2qnb3mg.jpg

Hi Jeff nice work, your work is very good, particularly your medal bars

Alex?

Edited by Alex K

Hi Jeff nice work, your work is very good, particularly your medal bars

Alex

Thank you, Alex :) It took me forever to get it "just right", and it turned out a lot better than I expected. I think I've finally got the hang of recolorizing photos.

Thank you, Alex :) It took me forever to get it "just right", and it turned out a lot better than I expected. I think I've finally got the hang of recolorizing photos.

Hi Jeff, keep at it, it gets easier the more you do!

regards

Alex

• 1 month later...