Bringing History to life...

Alex K

Hi Alex,

Hey, I like those others you found! Great job!!!!

On the one I posted I'll be happy to do a better scan. Let me know how you need it set up and I'll do my best as soon as it arrives. I just saw my mail lady and there's nothing in for me today. Hoping soon though. Have several packages coming in including this one.

Thanks!!!!

Dan

Hi Dan, As mentioned previously, the bigger the picture the better I am able to zoom in to see and color the smallest bits, The highest resolution the better. As I've said, I am only interested in the concept of trying to colourize. anything I produce is based on your image and will be posted back. Technically, scanning in at 600dpi (depending on the original photo size) should generally be adequate, width at least 600 pixels.

regards

Alex K

Hello,

Here is my attempt :beer: I got stumped on the water.

Old Press Photo

KpLt Guggeberger & KpLt Schomburg

Hope you don't mind but I took the liberty, I would suggest a sort of green/grey sea as I think we are dealing with the North Atlantic/English Channel.

regards

Alex K

I am really enjoying this thread and seeing what you guys are doing.? I have been doing a lot of work on repairing old photos from Russia and Georgia.? I started from (knowledge+experience = zero) but I've been learning along the way.? It has been very satisfying to bring some of those photos back to life from their damaged (and some very damaged) states.? Now I'm wondering how some of them would look in color.?

You can do so much with the photo editors.? There are some good tutorials on YouTube about, for instance, making pop art sketches out of photos, just to name one technique.? That's ahead of where I am but it's something to think about. Thanks for this great thread.?

Gloat: Now I'm off for a week of fishing the Kenai River combined with intensive woodturning challenges on-site at a friend's cabin right on the river with a huge woodturning studio.? Is life good or what?

Chuck

Slightly?off%20topic.gif with regards to military but all old photo's (attached) can be repaired. An old photo of my Grandmother. with patience it can be done.

regards

Alex

Edited by Alex K

Hello Alex,

Everytime I tried to fix the water it just got worse.

In case anyone is looking for a color program this is the one I downloaded. It's easy once you figure out what is going on.

Free 21 day trial

Recolored

http://www.recolored.com

thanks,

barry

Looks like a very useful programme. Not tried it yet but looks interesting