News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bringing History to life...

Alex K

Hi Chris, Thanks, I don't want to oveload the thread because I genuinely would like to see contributions from other members, It's not a one man show. As I've said I do have so many, but in the end, as a forum other contributors are more than welcome. There are some really good skills out there.

regards

Alex

No, continue, they are fantastic!!!!!

OK Ok!! You've twisted my arm, two slightly different ones, Unknown Luftwaffe Band member and unknown officer, Note he is wearing the Silesian order First and second class, original sources no longer known

regards

Edited by Alex K

Impressed or what! The facial tones are just amazing and I really like the clothing details and shading - well done to all that complete these. I can imagine that research on the colouring of tabs, medal ribbons etc is pretty time consuming.

Would be interesting to see one through all the stages of completion. Do you work on many many layers within photoshop or just a few?

Impressed or what! The facial tones are just amazing and I really like the clothing details and shading - well done to all that complete these. I can imagine that research on the colouring of tabs, medal ribbons etc is pretty time consuming.

Would be interesting to see one through all the stages of completion. Do you work on many many layers within photoshop or just a few?

Hello Spasm, I can only answer for myself, I CAN indeed end up with many, many layers, (It depends on the image). It is very much like the old method of producing cartoon films, (Disney) where you start of with a basic background and then lay subsequent clear layers (Cells) over the top, each layer represents a different part of the image, as individual layers, you can manipulate them to give you the desired effect. once satisfied, the layers are merged and you end up with the end effect, It's actually not difficult, but can be time consuming, Uniforms, medals badges are really quite easy, for me it is the facial tones, which again are done with layers, I do study genuine wartime colour photo's which allow me to replicate the original with possibly a modern twist (Digital Camera)

Hope this helps

regards

Alex

Last ones for tonight, Grand Admiral Alfred Von Tirpitz and Unknown imperial naval officer. Tirpitz, whilst a grand admiral was not awarded to normal crossed batons on his epaullettes, instead he wore four "Pips"

Something a little different, Chandra Bose, who started the Freies Indien movement in conjunction with Himmler, as a means of removing "British Imperial colonialism" from India, together with one of his "Foot soldiers". If my history is wrong please let me know.

regards

Alex

Original source for Chandra Bose indicated

Edited by Alex K

Another "Clearout", Gone over to the USA this time, three Generals from 1914-18 conflict

I have combined them, each in their own right look far better as indivdual large images

Edit, The first is shown as Harb!, it should of course be James Harbord

Edited by Alex K

Hi Alex,

do you do it commercially as well? I have about 4-5 of the guys fom my better groupings that I would love to have in color...

Best

Chris

Hi Chris, This may be a double post, I do it as a hobby at the moment only, The images I colourise should be as a High definition as posiible, that lets you get into the smallest detail, I would need to see them for evaluation. Don't worry about spots blemishes and other "Blobs", I can remove them normally quite easily

regards

Alex K

Edited by Alex K

Here's another odd one, photo taken in the Fuhrerbunker, in Hitlers private office. I wonder who removed the Reichs Adler? It is clear that both the floor and the cap spent quite a while submerged in several cm of water

regards

Source indicated

Edited by Alex K

some look quite nice in silly frames :D !

Walter Hewel and his new bride Blanda. The iron cross style ribbon is in fact the Blut Orden

The original title of this thread was "When you get bored", I must be very, very bored now :o

Edited by Alex K