News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Croix de Guerre

ccj

• Replies 82
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I do believe so, it's good quality. The little things, don't know name, connecting the ball on top to the upper arm of the cross is nicely detailed. I haven't found silver mark yet but haven't looked too close

• 2 months later...

Yes,  it is marked  with  the  Sanglier just  under  the  boule. I  have  1916  and  1917  examples also  and  the  Sanglier is  difficult  to  find on  those. I`m pleased  to  find  another  CDG collector. Your  collection is  excellent. I love  the paperwork  that  goes  with  these more  than  the medal  to  be  honest

Jim

This is my  most  prized  CDG. Awarded  to  Lt later  Captain  Robert  Circan  18 RI. I  have  a number of  his  diplomas as  well  as  his  CDG. He died of  wounds 29th  March  1918

Jim

IMG_5197.jpg

DSCF5745.jpg

I don't see a punch on the cross under the suspension ball. It's very ornate in this area but I don't make out any marks. I haven't seen a mark on other areas but not sure the French ever marked crosses anywhere else.

image.jpeg

ill ll try to take better photos

Have  you  had a  really  close  examination of the  whole  cross?  The  Sanglier stamp  is  extremely  small. I  have no  doubt there are individuals  on  the  forum  who  know  this  issue  far better  than  I. The  Sanglier stamp  I  am informed is  from  the  Paris mint

Impressive to say the least.  Those are top quality docs

i looked at my CdG in Silver and it does have the mark. Hard to see and harder to photograph. Hopefully it's viewable. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...