News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ORDER OF MILITARY MERIT

Vatjan

• Replies 70
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Ed on his excellent article in JOMSA - better lock up my OMM's before the global collecting horde jumps on top of Mongolian :cheeky:

Thanks, Bob. Given the way OMSA sends out the journals (life members being the last of last) I have not seen it yet.

That is on the list of things that should change, but unlikely to do so.

It has actually arrived. Wonder of wonders.

Reference: Ed Haynes, "The Mongolian Order of Combat Valor," JOMSA: Journal of the Orders and Medals Society of America 59, 4 (July-August 2008): 14-22.

Congratulations Ed,

I'd love to see the article!!!!

How can I as a non-member get a copy????

Cheers

JC

I recommend joining as well, even if just for the JOMSA.

It's a joy to read it as it's just as fascinating to read about areas not directly in my scope of collecting but nevertheless very interesting.

After a few months, back issues are sold to non-members. See their website. http://www.omsa.org/

The idea, however, is to JOIN. I have several more Mongolian articles in the pipeline.

Great to hear that you have more articles lined up...

My brother was a member for a few years but here is the problem both he and I had with the whole OMSA thing....

They publish your home address and send it to all other members....

Now most of the stuff is in the bank and we've both moved since he was a member, but I find it rather strange that this info is so easily available..

There are many members who don't put their goodies in the bank and this is an invitation for thieves to rob them blind...

JC

Great to hear that you have more articles lined up...

My brother was a member for a few years but here is the problem both he and I had with the whole OMSA thing....

They publish your home address and send it to all other members....

Now most of the stuff is in the bank and we've both moved since he was a member, but I find it rather strange that this info is so easily available..

There are many members who don't put their goodies in the bank and this is an invitation for thieves to rob them blind...

JC

They publish whatever address you give them to have the journal sent to. There are other problems with the society, don't get me started, but the journal is good.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

• 4 months later...
    • 9 months later...
    • 1 year later...
    • 2 years later...