News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Post your Imperial German Dog Tags

• Replies 391
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a hell of a time trying to get these to come out so you can read them. Any tips Hardy? I suppose I could try some PhotoShop'ing to bring out the stampings. This one is hard to see but interesting. It's "Starkstrom Komp. Nr.115" and on the other side, "Ers.Btl.f.techn.-Sonderform."

Chip

post-500-025083000 1291508675_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Chip

Here is another. Once again the reverse side showing the field unit. "M.G.S.s. Abt.56". I have a box of these I have accumulated over the years. Are you looking for anything specific?

Chip

post-500-076897400 1291509244_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Chip

I have a hell of a time trying to get these to come out so you can read them. Any tips Hardy? I suppose I could try some PhotoShop'ing to bring out the stampings. This one is hard to see but interesting. It's "Starkstrom Komp. Nr.115" and on the other side, "Ers.Btl.f.techn.-Sonderform."

Chip

Try to have a dark background before you scan

Here is another. Once again the reverse side showing the field unit. "M.G.S.s. Abt.56". I have a box of these I have accumulated over the years. Are you looking for anything specific?

Chip

Chip, I just like to see the many different types and varieties of these Imperial tags.

KIR, nice tag

- interesting at the bottom - I can read: M.K. - N.9 . 588 III

Thanks Hardy, but I think it's just: 1. K. - No. 588 III

Best regards,

Jens

post-3192-036575700 1291512612_thumb.jpg

Edited by KIR

Hi all,

That is a great web site for Imperial ID tags!

I think so (it's mine :D ), thanks for comment.

The different type of dog tags are : 1869 (I don't have example), 1878, 1915, 1916, 1917.

I will show some examples of each type.

Stephan

:beer:

Hello guys,

Thisone doesn't give much information. Only 31 IR. Is there anyone who can explain this, please?

Kind regards,

Jef

I'm not sure that it's a dog tag (no name, no registered number...).

This one is a 1915 dog tag but it was engraved for other use (perhaps electrical of telephone lines).

Stephan

One of my ID tags:

post-2382-030074500 1292080700_thumb.jpg

I didn't find him in my different "Ranglisten", but I think, it is original.

Uwe

Very nice :love:

Officers had to buy their dog tags themselves. These tags are often not regular and sometime they are in silver, like your's.

Here are some dog tags for officers :

Leutnant Oberheide, Reserve Jäger Bataillon 20

346oz.jpg

I didn't find him in my different "Ranglisten", but I think, it is original.

Uwe

Uwe,

I looked in the Ehren=Rangliste and he is not in there. He's not in the name index and I even checked IR.55 and he's not there either. Perhaps he was a Reserve or Landwehr officer and didn't bother to put that on his tag.

Chip