News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mixed lot of uniforms from auction (which one of these things is not like the others)

I'm awaiting the arrival of this lot of uniforms that i purchased at auction.  Quite the mix mash of stuff with 2 real gems in the mix Gem one being a pre ww2 USN Chief Petty Officers (Electrician Mate) Bridge coat and Gem 2 being the Waffenrock (which i know nothing about).  All i can post right now are the pics from the auction.  Once its in hand i will take some additional pics.

I loved mixed jumble lots

Cheers

Chris

21292.jpg

21292_13.jpg

21292_14.jpg

Edited by censlenov

The waffenrock is a fine piece it belonged to a infantry NCO sergeant or vizefeldwebel , collar lace and grosse adlerknopf and lace on the cuffs . the diference between sergeant and vizefeldwebel was that the second was a portepee NCO. is strange that the light blue shoulder straps have no number. the colour denotes the army corps , I dont have at hand the list .

Hi,

it looks like it is from VII th AK, because the cuff´s piping is white and the shoulderboards blue.

If you have the jacket at home, look for a stamp in the inside lining. It is a peacetime uniform so there should be a stamp in any case.

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

That´s strange. First I thought it was a brand new tunic with brand new shoulder straps. But why should one fix shoulderstraps and sow the numbers on later?

Probably it´s a tunic from a theatre or a movie production company? (That could happen, if the ain´t no stamps in the inside!)

In a lot of movies or documentaries you won´t see a number upon the shoulder straps!

Edited by The Prussian

23 hours ago, censlenov said:

I'm awaiting the arrival of this lot of uniforms that i purchased at auction.  Quite the mix mash of stuff with 2 real gems in the mix Gem one being a pre ww2 USN Chief Petty Officers (Electrician Mate) Bridge coat and Gem 2 being the Waffenrock (which i know nothing about).  All i can post right now are the pics from the auction.  Once its in hand i will take some additional pics.

I loved mixed jumble lots

Cheers

Chris

21292.jpg

21292_13.jpg

21292_14.jpg

Can you post an image of the Cadet uniform?  I think it may be a Senior Privates Uniform for the Military College of South Carolina, Citadel.

Also, that US Army Dress green jacket is a little shady.  The insignia on the left sleeve is for Special Forces.  If it is dated for around the Vietnam era, they never wore a Special Forces Tab, they only wore the Black and Yellow Airborne Tab because it was not created at the time.  If it is dated for more Modern times, before the US Army switched to the ASU, then the patch was just sewn on there.  The Special Forces tab should have a Black and Yellow Airborne tab underneath it.  The Arrowhead with Airborne tab signifies the unit, the "long tab" is qualification.  That uniform is not accurately put together.  All you would have to do is get the brass and insignia, move the arrowhead down and sew the airborne tab underneath it.

Great find though.

Hi Everyone thanks for the input.  These should be with me an 2-3 weeks as they have to make it up here from Florida.  Once i get them i will take some better photos myself.  I can say the cadet uniform is indeed from the Citadel.  Think the Waffenrock stands a very good chance of being an unissued piece the quality just looks to good for theatre props and the piping and lace matches period pieces.  Won't know for sure until i get it.  I got the lot for Just under $400 cdn shipped to my door.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

B.A. VII fits to the colours of the shoulder straps.

"Bekleidungsamt VII" (Clothing office 7th army corps)

The VII. corps was in Münster.

St.A. ? No idea in military... 

Normally St.A. stands for "Staatsanwaltschaft" (public prosecutor´s office), but they had different uniforms.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the "St.A." refers to a "Stellungs-Amt". The marking is seen in many pieces of issue clothing and I think it refers to the manufacturing district office that the piece was shipped to the Bekleidungsamt from. The word following it is the name of the office location. 

The Landsturm wore plain blue shoulder straps in the prewar era. Is it possible that this was a Landsturm jacket. I know they normally wore a Litewka and that normally there would be a Kragenpatten with a unit number on the collar. But did they ever get dunkelblau Waffenröcke?

Chip