News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Rings with military connection? ID?

Good evening Gentlemen!

Got this photo of a German soldier who wears two rings that might be connected to certain units or branches of the military.

Can anybody ID the rings or sport an educated guess?

Thanks!

GreyC

Ringekl.thumb.jpg.877f2e0dce5bc47e3a468ea769cebe57.jpgRinge_Dkl.jpg.fcc2691dc5ca8c75dd63d1855601c6fa.jpg

Hi Chris,

thank you for the reply. You´re right, he wears three rings. The Flugzeugführerabzeichen came to my mind, too. The design of the eagle seems unusual for a German one in this period. I wonder if it could be early Reichswehr.

GreyC

On 19/11/2017 at 01:39, Bayern said:

Gentlemen : Probably the young man is member of a Freikorps air unit . and the badge on the ring ,to my view ,is the Zeppelin one 

On 19/11/2017 at 08:02, GreyC said:

Hi Bayern,

thank you for your suggestion. As I am not quite sure what badge you are referring to, can you give an example, please?

Thanks,

Deichkind

Please Sir...,

Thank you as always Bayern

tony

Tony : I relied only in my memory . remembering that the luftschiffers had a badge . but after verification i need to say that i was wrong the badge for the airshippers existed but was oval .but the badge on the ring still appears to be Naval .because the bird is facing left.