News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Badge of Honor

• Replies 82
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Riley! I dont know much about them... I think that Igor told me that these were initially made to be screwbacks, then when the rules changed they were made into suspensions... I don't really remember though.

Ed,

I hope to see more of your variations!

Guest Rick Research

A most peculiar Orders Book, for TWO Badges of Honor awarded only a year apart in the 1966-67 tidal wave of awards:

[attachmentid=36412]

what is peculiar is NOT that he got TWO of these so closely spaced together

[attachmentid=36414]

but that Zhotei Ivanovich Malitschev (not quite sure of spelling of scribbled/stamped over last name) HAS his photo, stamped by the Presidium of the USSR just like pre- and early-WW2 Orders Books, at all!

[attachmentid=36416]

Unfortunately I do not have either of these-- so somewhere "out there" are two loose and NOW unattributable drop-dead-boring OBHs. :speechless::speechless::speechless:

Guest Darrell

Thanks Riley! I dont know much about them... I think that Igor told me that these were initially made to be screwbacks, then when the rules changed they were made into suspensions... I don't really remember though.

Yep quite a few soviet awards were screwback (in fact most) prior to June 19, 1943 when regulations stated a change to the 5 sided suspension.

Interesting to note the ones that did NOT change to five sided suspensions were:

a. Gold Star (HSU)

b. Gold Sickle and Hammer (HSL)

which received redesigned rectangular suspensions .... :beer:

Guest Alanirvine

[attachmentid=36591]

My contribution. T4V1, SN 299,852. I think that this is awarded to a women.

Alanirvine

Guest Alanirvine

[attachmentid=36594]

Another. T2V4 SN 12,258.

Hey Rusty where are you on these? I know you have a ton of these.

Alan

Guest Alanirvine

[attachmentid=36596]

Order of Honor. SN 1,522,392

I think that I got this one from Eugene a few years back.

Alanirvine

Guest Alanirvine

Michael.

When you could get these at a reasonable price, I would look for the medal with the booklet and would focus on any that had a photo included.

Alan

When did the value on Soviet medals/orders jump to what they are today? I remember amassing my collection in the early 90s. I went back and checked the value in 2000 with little change to what things were almost a decade earlier.

Guest Alanirvine

A couple of years ago, and most certainly within the last year there has been a huge increase in prices. Almost daily!

Alan

Part of the answer -- at least so everyone says -- is the entry into the market of a fair number of rich Russian "collectors" (= "investors") with very, very, very deep pockets, the source of whose wealth does not bear close examination. They are, or so it is said, sucking up much high-end and even not-so-high-end Soviet material. The awards are flowing back to the Motherland.