News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Badge of Honor

Thats a pretty girl, it rather beats my dream car in looks department, stunning when you get one let me know and I'll come over to the States and have a propper look :cheeky:

Order of Victory

Hey, once I get one you'll be most welcome to come take a spin anytime! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

• Replies 82
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MONDVOR,

I was referring to the Order of the Badge of Honor screwbacks. I had to take a look at them and couldn't find them in this thread.

As far as the ones you posted as examples I can see where the Mint mark and rivets might set off alarms. But, I am no expert like Alexie, Paul McDaniel, Paul Schmitt, Ed Haynes etc. All I can do is offer my opinion with the knowledge gained from many years of collecting Soviet ODMs.

:beer: Doc

MONDVOR,

I was referring to the Order of the Badge of Honor screwbacks. I had to take a look at them and couldn't find them in this thread.

As far as the ones you posted as examples I can see where the Mint mark and rivets might set off alarms. But, I am no expert like Alexie, Paul McDaniel, Paul Schmitt, Ed Haynes etc. All I can do is offer my opinion with the knowledge gained from many years of collecting Soviet ODMs.

Well, we have to keep in mind that fake makers improve fake's quality every year. Prices for rare orders increased up to 5 times since 2002 in some cases. So fakemakers can invest more money in their production. They now use mint technology (instead of cast technology), they use hot enamel. Sometimes they take apart real order and make two fakes using some real parts in each fake. I have dozens of examples, but this is different topic. Forget about fake examples described in McDaniel's book. It was 10 years ago. All fakes changed... And we shoud be aware.

Well, we have to keep in mind that fake makers improve fake's quality every year. Prices for rare orders increased up to 5 times since 2002 in some cases. So fakemakers can invest more money in their production. They now use mint technology (instead of cast technology), they use hot enamel. Sometimes they take apart real order and make two fakes using some real parts in each fake. I have dozens of examples, but this is different topic. Forget about fake examples described in McDaniel's book. It was 10 years ago. All fakes changed... And we shoud be aware.

Thanks a lot for the lesson and the updates, Andrei!

This scum is indeed getting better every day! :angry:

I've already noticed that in some recent fakes shown here and other Forums. Scary! :speechless1:

Dolf

Andrei,

Thanks for the infotmation regarding fakes. Also, I need to add you to my list of respected experts in this field of study. I had no idea until a member educated me.

Well, I don't think I'm a real expert. I still have million things to learn. But I do have some amount of knowledge and I would like to share this knowledge with anyone who is interested :beer:

• 11 years later...