News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mining and Energy Badges

L 14 -- The Outstanding Worker of the Egergy Sector

I have quite a few of the mining/energy ones - one of my focus areas. Will post later.

Notice on the L14 the mintmark (?) on the ring!

L28 - 25 years of the Erdenet Copper mine. I've added also the regional badge for Erdenet which reflects the mining activities there.

Nothing special on the reverse, however notice the silver mark on L28. Does it give a hint as to where it was made?

L03 (The outstanding miner) and L11 (The labor champion - The ministry of energy and mining).

Note, again nothing special on reverse except for the mint (?) mark on reverse of L11.

Ed, isn?t that an L 08 ?

Possibly, if there is, indeed, any real difference between the two. This is another of those distinctions regarding which I remain skeptical and unconvinced.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Possibly, if there is, indeed, any real difference between the two. This is another of those distinctions regarding which I remain skeptical and unconvinced.

Look at the details of the apparatus in the middle. In my opinion its definately a L 08 and not an L 07. Beside that the enamel on a L 07 is darker.

They are definitely made from 2 different dies, the lettres and central drawing are clearly different.

Now to consider them as Types Variations or just the same badge made by different workers, I guess that depends on your own definition of Types etc...

Oh yeah, by the way, I think that is a really neat badge :beer:

Jan

• 3 months later...