News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

S:t Stanislaus on E-bay

Lars K

It looks good to me other than the 56 mark. That is different than usual. However, it is stamped in there and clean looking. What other characteristics do you see here that would make you think this was a reproduction ? The gold 2 tone yellow and pink are correct. AK marks are correct. Enameling looks a bit shiney. Need to see it in hand to tell if enameling is new. However, the green and white enamelling are of the period. Overall, I think this piece is good.

The brest star is obviously garbage.

Edited by REGAL UNIFORMA COLECTOR

On my opinion both star and badge are OK .

The brest star you need in hand to determine if it is genuine. What I do not like about it is the red and white enameling looks very clean and bright in the photos and the pin looks like it has sand scratches in it or is that the reflection of the carpet. Also the back has a lot of swirl marks in it. Keibels pieces were pretty much flawless of such swirls and sand marks as I recall.

Here a comparable Keibel star center.

See the difference in the wording, Three pieces.

Not one continuous circle.

the roping around the star is finer, though this just may be the picture.

and the maker mark has a funny looking silver proof.

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is not my star, Dont know where I lifted these from. Sorry to the owner.

George

The brest star you need in hand to determine if it is genuine. What I do not like about it is the red and white enameling looks very clean and bright in the photos and the pin looks like it has sand scratches in it or is that the reflection of the carpet. Also the back has a lot of swirl marks in it. Keibels pieces were pretty much flawless of such swirls and sand marks as I recall.

The medal (with the red enamel) looks to me like the reproductions that can be purchased in Moscow for about $40-$80US.

See the following two sites

Reproductions for sale www.insideglass.com/ shop/Images/v30101000260.jpg

After the February?s revolution of 1917, the Provisional Government of Russia kept the old tsar?s decoration system, but crowns were removed from the decorations of the Orders of White Eagle and St. Stanislav. The motto on the Star of the Order of White Eagle was replaced by a twig. On the white Polish Eagle the crown was retained. Star of the Order, Medal, Decoration with the crown, Cross (size 500x350) Price: $ 1314 (1052 Eur)

Also the following http://capral.webzone.ru/copycarizm/stas/stas.htm

Знак Ордена Св. Станислава 1 ст. с мечами в черной и красной эмали.

Badge of Order of St. Stanislav 1st grade with swords black & red enamel.

Цена данного лота - 36 USD(за экземпляр).

Price - 36 USD(for the item).

Treloarth

Gentlemen,

The final price of $4301.00 blew me away, I must admit I was there until it went over $1700, your thoughts please as to why this one went for the price it did as most are sold at between $1000 to $2500.

I do hope that Lars gets better soon, maybe hearing that he picked a winner on e-bay might cheer him up.

Kind regards to all.

Alex ;)

Sorry for the delay but here are some of my reflections: some markings the way i like to see them

1, St Stanislaus with the markings in relief (image 1) and on the two upper center reverse balltips

(image 2)

2, St Anna with a different set of markings, upside down and in reversed order. All inputs are very

welcome, Thank You all for Your comments and Alex, for Your good wishes :)

Kr

Lars

Gentlemen,

The final price of $4301.00 blew me away, I must admit I was there until it went over $1700, your thoughts please as to why this one went for the price it did as most are sold at between $1000 to $2500.

I do hope that Lars gets better soon, maybe hearing that he picked a winner on e-bay might cheer him up.

Kind regards to all.

Alex ;)

It's cheap for 1st class St. Stan. I was late and should have paid more.

Hi Eugene,

Do you think the gold 56 mark is good?

I also have not seen one stamped in that way.

Just looks a little odd to other examples i've seen and handled

Again the cross itself looks ok.

Just the 56 mark dosent feel right. :unsure:

Same with the odd 84 silver mark on the star..

Just never came acroos them stamped in that way..

Do you have other examples you can share?

Thanks for your input..

George