News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

HJ Armband - Gebietsfuehrerschule - AHS

It is too close to the Holidays for hard feelings.

I own a printed version I find perfectly acceptable!

It does not appear quite the same as the example at the begining of this thread, nor does my example have those stamps.

I am happy with it's autheticity and will not post it for review! I do not desire the grief!

So it is merely my opinion and due to closed minds nothing has been learned. Sad!

My final word on this subject!

Happy Holidays! :D

--dj--Joe

Edited by --dj--Joe

LOL I was thinking exactly that while I was reading his post.

XEN,

First of all, welcome to the forum.

Secondly, I was not around during WW2 to verify first hand a side to this dicussion. I do not collect in this speciality. You are right in that there are tons of variables and non standard pieces. But at the same time, Bob has been collecting this stuff for well over 50 years. How many people can say they have 50 years of experience in anything? The war was only over for just over 10 years when Bob started collecting. Tons of this stuff was readily available and not really desireable for collectors. I am sure that Bob has seen and forgotten more than you and I have combined. With that being said, I would trust his expertice and knowledge over any printed non period reference on the market.

Joe is right... we are all members at this forum to learn from one another(hopefully). There should never be a need for hard feelings. There is nothing wrong with having varying opinions. We are all friends here!

Just my take. :cheers: Merry Christmas.

Regards

Paul

Thank you for the welcome Paul :) As I've said, Bob's experience wasn't the issue for me. I agree that we should never lose our ability to question and explore.

Edited by XEN

OOPS, misspelled authenticity. I have been writing for close to fifty years now, hard to believe I can still make a spelling mistake. :rolleyes:

Pardon,

--dj--Joe

Subtle..... and very apropriate.

my own opinion is that i think that these existed in the early TR era, the problem with them is proving that the one you own is actually an original one, because they are so easy to reproduce.

Merry Christmas.

Col.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I have a printed armband and was initially sceptical about them. Angolia says that printed armbands were banned by regulations. For me this can be interpreted as an attempt to ban further production of the printed version i.e. they did exist and were then banned. Why ban something that doesn't exist? Yes, there is a flaw in my reasoning in that I wasn't there during the TR to see printed versions being worn but we know that there are printed armbands around that pass the tests. And they're cheaper because no-one wants them :)

Edited by Justinkase

PRINTED HJ ARMBANDS ARE CHEAPER BECAUSE THEY ARE REPRODUCTION. THEY FIRST BEGAN TO APPEAR IN THE MID 60'S ALONG WITH PRINTED VARIATIONS OF FOREIGN HJ UNITS. HJ ARMBANDS ARE A VERY COMMON ITEM. IN MY EXPERIENCE OF FIFTY YEARS OF COLLECTING, I HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTERED ONE THAT HAD ANY PROVENANCE. I ALSO HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE THAT I BELIEVED TO BE CORRECT.

BOB

Bob,

I would like to say in your years of collecting or what you do is cool. You do not know it all. By shooting your mouth off by capital letters does nobody justice. My Grandfather brought home a HJ armband that was printed off a dead HJ boy, and it was stamped.

You should remember that there where regulations for every aspect of all the military and non military forces, however they where not always inforced. Many firms and companys that produced items where not always per specs. As long as it was NSDAP in its look, it did not matter , especially towards the end of the war.

Best Wishes,

Justinkase

THE REGULATION MENTIONED IN ANGOLIA IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT PRINTED VERSIONS WERE BEING MADE. SIMPLY, IT STATES THAT PRINTED VERSIONS ARE NOT TO BE PRODUCED. IF PRINTED VERSIONS HAD BEEN PRODUCED, IN THE PAST 61 YEARS, BEING A MASS PRODUCED ITEM, CERTAINLY ONES WOULD HAVE APPEARED IN THE SOUVENIRS OF VETERANS OR AMONG THE ARTIFACTS LEFT OVER BY A FORMER MEMBER OF THE HITLER YOUTH. SS ARMBANDS WERE ALSO NEVER PRODUCED IN A PRINTED VERSION. I WOULD ALSO EXPECT SOME OF THESE ARMBANDS TO STILL RETAIN A PROPER RZM TAG. THE CONCEPT OF "I THINK" IS NOT AN ACCEPTED MANNER OF HISTORICALLY CATALOGING AN ITEM.

AFTER 41 YEARS, I WOULD CHALLENGE ANYONE TO REMEMBER IN DETAIL MINUTE FEATURES OF CLOTHING THEY WORE AT THE TIME. MEMORIES CAN FADE. CONFUSION CAN ARISE DUE TO THE PASSAGE OF TIME. WAS THE MEMORY OF A PRINTED ARMBAND ACTUALLY THAT OF A VOLKSTURM ARMBAND? HOW WAS THE ORIGINAL QUESTION ASKED? wAS IT LEADING?

WHEN AN ESTABLISHED, RECOGINISED AUTHORITY OR COLLECTOR CAN PROVIDE A PRINTED HJ ARMBAND THAT HAS PROVENANCE EITHER TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER OR A VETERAN WHO BROUGHT IT BACK AMONG HIS SOUVENIRS, CREEDANCE CAN BE GIVEN TO THE PERIOD EXISTANCE OF SUCH AN ITEM. THIS FORUM IS A PLACE TO STUDY ESTABLISHED FACT. EDUCATED GUESSES DO NOT FIT IN TO THAT CRITERIA.

AT THIS POINT, I WILL SAY NO MORE ON THIS SUBJECT AS IT HAS ALREADY CONSUMED MORE SPACE THAN IT IS WORTH.

BOB

Edited by Justinkase

Sadly, I doubt whether the collector in question will ever be back here to give a detailed answer which relates directly to the points raised in this thread. I also absolutely garantee that he will remain closed to any view other than his own. Sad really and not conducive to getting a forum up and running.

• 2 months later...