News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

West German shoulder straps

Dan - Interesting thread. I often get these Bundeswehr shoulderboards when I buy East German boards. I've got bags of them I don't know what to do with since very few people appear to be collecting them. Most all of mine are sown together and are in unused condition without rank pips or devices. They frequently show up on E-bay, sometimes with claims that they are WWII vintage. I have an old Bundeswehr guide somewhere that tells what the branch colors are, I'll have to dig it out. Kevin

Dan - Interesting thread. I often get these Bundeswehr shoulderboards when I buy East German boards. I've got bags of them I don't know what to do with since very few people appear to be collecting them. Most all of mine are sown together and are in unused condition without rank pips or devices. They frequently show up on E-bay, sometimes with claims that they are WWII vintage. I have an old Bundeswehr guide somewhere that tells what the branch colors are, I'll have to dig it out. Kevin

Hi Devin,

Hey my friend... all donations gleefully accepted! :P:beer:

Seriously though, I have a few refs that list them... was just far too bleary eyed last night to dig them out and check. I "think" at least one of the refs I have shows the branch colors... or at least some of them. But if you find yours if nothing else we can cross check.

The "Luft" ones I took off of what I was told is a Luftwaffe greatcoat I got for all of $5 ages ago. It fits and it's very warm so I have used it for years as a neat winter coat.

I've been tempted to collect both the West and East German boards/tabs but so far it's just been a few pieces here and there... as you say generally as throw ins and such. There was a whole box I'd have loved to get if I could have worked it out as a bulk deal with the fellow who runs Viking Militaria down in Colorado when I was there several years ago. He was very indifferent to all the W & E German insignia, etc. at that time. Could have probably gotten the whole box (big one too! :rolleyes: ) for a song and then dug to my hearts content later. I love to do that. :love: Treasure hunt!

I had to pass up a big bag of Stasi boards and such once... had nearly all if not all the levels from enlisted up through officer save General of course... if I remember correctly. And was not too much... but other things took precedence and the budget didn't permit me to get it all. ;)

Mucho thanks! :cheers:

Dan

Airforce -

Hi Kevin,

Wow! Many thanks for those. I haven't even had a chance to check my Nato and other guides yet as I think they're in there too. Great stuff.

Perhaps some day I'll come up with some more and be able to start a collection of these too. Just what I need, eh? :cheeky::P:beer:

Thanks!!!! :cheers:

Dan

• 4 months later...

BTW: does anybody remember when the ranks of Stabsgefreiter, Oberstabsgefreiter and Stabshauptmann were introduced? As far as I remember it was somewhere in mid-1990s, but I cannot remember the exact year.

Thanks,

Lukasz

Edited by Lukasz Gaszewski

• 5 years later...

BTW: does anybody remember when the ranks of stabsgefreiter, Oberstabsgefreiter and Stabshauptmann were introduced? As far as I remember it was somewhere in mid-1990s, but I cannot remember the exact year.thanks,Lukasz

I believe it was 1991........

Prost ! Steve.