News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

Here's my remaining HJ items. And although the diamond and the stickpin have turned out to be copies I went ahead and included them here just to fill out the display.

[attachmentid=52314]

[attachmentid=52315]

A piece of some sort of box or crate. It's made out of a very light wood but is stamped with an HJ stamp.

[attachmentid=52330]

[attachmentid=52331]

[attachmentid=52332]

If anyone has any idea what it says or what it was for I'd love to know.

This was the gift of a very dear friend named Ed Greer, along with some reference books and magazines and a few other pieces that he gave me before he passed on. He is sorely missed. Thanks Ed! :cheers:

And last but not least... my Gauseiger badge. I've been told that this is an early copy. But I still love it. Got it in a trade deal and have little in it... have had it forever and it looks good with the rest of the collection.

First the case:

[attachmentid=52393]

[attachmentid=52394]

Some nice HJ items here Dan, I especially like the armband and the shoulder straps. It's always nice to see a collection like this together as a theme. About the box, it could be used as a supply box of some sort, for any type of cutlery etc that was for the many HJ camps out there at the time. That is my guess, and thanks for showing.

Cheers,

Pat

Some nice HJ items here Dan, I especially like the armband and the shoulder straps. It's always nice to see a collection like this together as a theme. About the box, it could be used as a supply box of some sort, for any type of cutlery etc that was for the many HJ camps out there at the time. That is my guess, and thanks for showing.

Cheers,

Pat

Hi Pat,

Many thanks! :beer: As far as the box or whatever it was... it couldn't have contained anything heavy in my opinion as the wood is extremely thin and very light weight. Just no idea but the stamp is nice. :P

I just wish the Gauseiger and the member badge and stickpin were real. Oh well... at least they look good with the display.

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

• 3 months later...

A piece of some sort of box or crate. It's made out of a very light wood but is stamped with an HJ stamp.

[attachmentid=52330]

[attachmentid=52331]

[attachmentid=52332]

If anyone has any idea what it says or what it was for I'd love to know.

This was the gift of a very dear friend named Ed Greer, along with some reference books and magazines and a few other pieces that he gave me before he passed on. He is sorely missed. Thanks Ed! :cheers:

Hi, the Bann appears to be Aachen-Stadt (Bann 25). This Bann belonged to Gebiet 11 K?ln-Aachen. The word under the Bann number is 'Verwaltung' which means administration so I think your box probably held documets and paperwork for someone involved in running the Bann. Might have been the Bannf?hrer himself, who knows :)

Edited by XEN

Hi, the Bann appears to be Aachen-Stadt (Bann 25). This Bann belonged to Gebiet 11 K?ln-Aachen. The word under the Bann number is 'Verwaltung' which means administration so I think your box probably held documets and paperwork for someone involved in running the Bann. Might have been the Bannf?hrer himself, who knows :)

Hi Xen,

Many thanks for this additional info. Glad to finally get it a bit more narrowed down. Shame the entire box didn't survive intact but I'm glad to at least have this small piece of it.

Dan :cheers:

I agree! Very impressive collection!! I love the cased badge! :cheers:

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much! :beer: I'm especially glad that you also like the cased award. Again I've had these forever and a day and although I never specialized in HJ (or any one thing or area as I'm sure everyone can tell from the wide variety of items I've posted over time. :P:rolleyes: ) I really do love this grouping. The dagger always fascinated me due to the pressed paper used to simulate leather for the strap and such. I've shown that to so many people and they're always amazed that paper could be used in that way and would actually work much less survive for such a long time under Lord knows what kind of conditions and use. They really came up with some ingenious ersatz items in both wars. But as they say necessity is the mother of invention.

Again many thanks for your kind words and praise. Really helps to start the day off just right.

Dan :cheers:

• 10 months later...