News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear forumites:

I would like to start off a new topic: a thread about tipical Bavarian medal bars. Do not hesitate to show off yours, please.

This particular one comes from my brother Marco medal bars' collection. It's not so common to find medal bars together with its ribbon bars.

Ciao,

Claudio

Here's another one of a particularly proud Bavarian WWI veteran with his last 20ies early 30ies style medal bar, a after 34 medal bar, some ribbon bars and lapel bows. Quite a complete set!

Ciao,

Claudio

Guest Rick Research

BAD Ralph! That's not "Bavarian" that's PRUSSIAN-- look at the Prussian long service (and no colonial campaign medal, which is how THIS guy got a Reichs XV)

[attachmentid=4069]

This contains the very rare M1905-13 MMC2X, which is made of real silver, with separate parts for the center disk emblems and disks. Compared with the WW1 M1913 MMC1X for Feldwebelleutnant ranks, my best guess is in the neighborhood of 300 of the colonial MMC2X and 700 of the WW1 MMC1X.

[attachmentid=4070]

Claudio, which issue Luitpold Jubilee medal is that on your first bar, with the Reuss Silver Medal X?

Guest Rick Research

A characteristic Bavarian "dual use" Big Ribbon/Small Medal Bar mounting. This MMC2XwC is on the "Beamtenband" for war merit rather than frontline valor.

[attachmentid=4071]

The full height medal bar version, flat bottom and either clips in front or hooks in back is proportioned better than these "oversized ribbon bar" ones.

[attachmentid=4072]

Note the 1905 Luitpold Jubilee Medal's long text on back. The 1911 version, which follows below, actually bears the large crown and "1905" of the CIVIL 1905 Luitpold Jubilee, just to confuse new collectors. :speechless-smiley-004:

Guest Rick Research

My faaaaaaaaavorite love.giflove.gif Jakob Leser gold center MMO4X that belonged to Oberleutnant dR (Major dR zV in the next war) Friedrich Lautenschl?ger. This is the 1911 Luitpold Jubilee, identical to the 1905 on the obverse-- as well it should be, since an ARMY 1911 is the CIVIL 1905 medal on the 1905 military jubilee ribbon. :wacko:

[attachmentid=4073]

With his Prussian style ribbon bar, "KO" EK1, and Black wound badge

[attachmentid=4074]

Guest Rick Research

"FR III" would be either Prussian Grenadier Regiment 11 or Hessian Infantry Regiment 114, so a Naughty, I think.

The Bavarian XXIV Cross (marked "Weiss & Co" or "W & Co" on the ring?) also doesn't belong on there, since there is no Luitpold Jubilee Medal. Probably a Bavarian XII or IX years medal was on that hook.

Guest John Harman

A bar to a soldier who fought AGAINST the Prussians in 1866, and BESIDE them 4 years later!

Edited by John Harman