News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

I hate dusting but it had to be done. I thought I'd take some pictures while doing the this hated job. If I ever build a house I'll pay whatever it cost for it to be dust free. Anyway first up are the caps...

thanks,

barry

Thanks,

I almost stopped collecting when one day I looked around and found that I didn't want 95% of what I had. Most of it Third Reich which I will never collect again. It took me three years to unload all that crap and I learned a valuable lesson(Quality over Quantity). I only kept a few items that were original and that I could unload quick. I also lost alot of money on Third Reich fakes. I did the same thing with my Imperial German stuff and only kept a few nice items. I still go through withdrawls seeing items I think I can't live without but I don't buy them. I finally feel good about collecting again with just collecting Napoleonic prints and documents. Collecting all three periods is just to much.

This lesson reminds me of a lesson I learned in college. I was dating three girls at the same time one every night of the week. I would go out every night and get drunk and then go back to their apartment and fool around. I did this for around three months and one morning I woke up drunk and the girl wanted to fool around but I physically couldn't. I was 22 years old and this is not supposed to happen. I walked home and went into the bathroom and stared in the mirror. I had lost about 15 pounds and was pale as a ghost. Thats when my friend walked in a told me you look like hell and you need to pick one of them and let the other two go. This coming from someone who was more messed up than me. That is what I did and I never felt better and she was gorgeous. Didn't last long though because I found a new one when I went to the Bahamas. :P

The painting is by John Meeks. I'll try and post some good picks of the documents in the Napoleonic Section.

thanks,

barry

Hello Chris,

I tried my best to hold on to all of them. The framing is done by a guy that does it dirt cheap. He owns a little shop up the road from two big hobby stores that's driving his prices down. Good for me bad for him. I had a picture framed at one of the hobby stores 'Blue Dog' and it cost 5X more and had to wait 4 weeks. This guy has it done the next day. Here is the 'Blue Dog' and I just noticed taking this picture that the print has slid down... :angry:

thanks,

barry