News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cavalier of Labour Glory Set

At $14.9K it'd better be. :o

Is that what these are really running these days? Granted, I haven't seen a Cavalier for sale in the past year (though I caveat that I haven't looked for one either) but it just seems a little "above" (e.g. double the price) of that last one I saw (in 2005) for sale. Now of course the prices could have taken off on these too, but these have always seemed to be tough to move as there just isn't the same market for labor awards as there is for military awards. I'd like to be enlightened to the "market reality" on these if anyone knows.

Dave

Edited by NavyFCO

I really doubt, the set will sell for this price, but i am open to any surprise concerning soviet awards. I think, there is a limit reached with the prices for higher awards, at least for a while. Gosnak Red Stars for 33.000 Dollar, a Gosnak Lenin for more than double of that, 3rd classes of the "Commander-Awards" like Suvorov, Kutuzov for 3000-7000 Dollar, thats probably too much for the majority of the collectors.

Even if i had lots and lots of money to spend, i wouldn?t pay these prices, at least not more than once to have one specimen of each. And i think, there is enough other interesting stuff for the rich russian buyers to buy too. It seems, like they are waiting for the prices to drop too!? Don?t know...

Lieber Gerd,

but these awards are sold about the mentioned price :( . Maybe with a certain discount.

These prices are too much for us "old" collectors in the West, but still rather moderate for the "new" collectors in the East ;) . Imagine more than 40 USD-billionaires are living in Russia :o .

As long as the market pays these prices and the social class of the rather to very rich people in Russia is still increasing, the prices for SU-Awards will rise, rise and rise. The economic law of supply & demand - we live in a capitalistic society :cheeky: .

If a Labour-Glory full Cavalier-Set (in 7/10 condition) sells for USD 15k, than what would be the current price for a (Military) Glory full Cavalier-Set (in 9/10 condition)? As Dave pointed out, military awards have been always more expensive, than civil awards.

Liebe Gr??e aus Wien :beer:

Christian

I really doubt, the set will sell for this price, but i am open to any surprise concerning soviet awards. I think, there is a limit reached with the prices for higher awards, at least for a while. Gosnak Red Stars for 33.000 Dollar, a Gosnak Lenin for more than double of that, 3rd classes of the "Commander-Awards" like Suvorov, Kutuzov for 3000-7000 Dollar, thats probably too much for the majority of the collectors.

Yes, I know well the market bias against civilian awards and toward military awards (two overlapping processes). But -- and I ought not raise this when I am away from my reference sources -- how much rarer than the Glory 1 is the Labor Glory 1?! :unsure:

Dear Ed,

you are right: The rarity-ratio of the two Glory 1cl is rather precise 1:10 for the labour award, but the rarity-ratio of full Cavalier sets including the Cavalier's booklet might be only 1:2 to 1:3 for the labour award, because the Cavalier's booklet had been introduced in the 1970s, so many knights of the Order of Glory already passed away and many sets were "broken" in the early 1990s, when they merged at the Western markets.

So full Cavalier sets of the (military) Glory inkl. Cavalier's booklet are rather rare at the market.

Breeding cattle or pigs is an important task, but defending your Motherland with heroic deeds is something differnt ;) .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Rarity-ratio of Glory vs. Labour Glory

Gentlemen,

I had been a bit unprecise in the rarity-ratio, because I referred to the issued orders.

If you take all the unissued Glory 1cl & Labour Glory 1cl into account (most of them might be at the market), than it might be only around 1:2,5 for the Labour Glory 1cl against Glory 1cl.

Best regards

Christian Zulus

Labor Glory 1 - ~714 awarded

But, it's a modern LABOR award. And there just isn't the same market for labor awards as there is for military ones. True, there's a quick market for republic and early Soviet labor awards, but it's just not the same for modern ones, even if the rarity would seem to dictate otherwise.

Dave

But, it's a modern LABOR award. And there just isn't the same market for labor awards as there is for military ones. True, there's a quick market for republic and early Soviet labor awards, but it's just not the same for modern ones, even if the rarity would seem to dictate otherwise.

Dave

Sure, I know (and enjoy :P ) the prevailing bias against labor awards.

Just wanted to point out that there were something like five times the Glory 1 awards as there were Labor Glory 1 awards.

Stay away from those nasty labor awards, mates . . . :jumping::jumping:

According to The Bible, we are looking at:

Glory 1 - ~ 3743 awarded

Labor Glory 1 - ~714 awarded

Enough said?

The numbers may not be gospel, but they are a guide.

To all:

Ed is a somewhat off. The actual number of Orders of Glory 1st Class awarded is in the 2,500-2,600 range. Whereas Order of Glory 1st Class with serial number 3743 may have been the highest recorded serial number for an awarded Order of Glory 1st Class, the actual number of Full Cavaliers of the Order of Glory is in the 2,500 to 2,600 range.

Regards,

slava1stclass

To all:

Ed is a somewhat off. The actual number of Orders of Glory 1st Class awarded is in the 2,500-2,600 range. Whereas Order of Glory 1st Class with serial number 3743 may have been the highest recorded serial number for an awarded Order of Glory 1st Class, the actual number of Full Cavaliers of the Order of Glory is in the 2,500 to 2,600 range.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Thanks, S1C, I can work only from available sources. In any case, my point stands.

Yes, and thanks. Still interested as to what your source is for this number?

Ed,

Thank you for asking. My sourcing is based on material/documentation from the archives at Podolsk - the purest form of primary research.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Edited by slava1stclass

• 15 years later...