News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

First Soviet Medal bought...

Just dipped my feet into the water apropos Soviet medals; am awaiting receipt of a Soviet Combat Service Medal/MMM.

It is of the type with the grey-yellow ribbon, silver and numbered 1914682

I recall reading somewhere a breakdown of issue numbers to give approx. date of award, but cannot seem to find it when I need it.

If anyone could help with this, I'd be much obliged.

With regard to the medal type and issue number, is this likely to be very researchable?

Cheers

Rich

Just dipped my feet into the water apropos Soviet medals; am awaiting receipt of a Soviet Combat Service Medal/MMM.

It is of the type with the grey-yellow ribbon, silver and numbered 1914682

I recall reading somewhere a breakdown of issue numbers to give approx. date of award, but cannot seem to find it when I need it.

If anyone could help with this, I'd be much obliged.

With regard to the medal type and issue number, is this likely to be very researchable?

Cheers

Rich

Rich,

welcome in the wonderful world of soviet medals :beer:

You will find the information, you are looking for in this thread:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=7861

and i want to recommend you to buy the book "Echoes of war" from Paul Schmitt, if you want to learn about the deeds behind this medals or take a look in our researched awards forum. Or better both ;)

And yes, that medal is definately researchable.

all the best,

Gerd

Thanks Gerd.

When it arrives, I'll get in touch with the Russian researcher Ed recommended and post any findings.

I'll also keep an eye out for that book.

Rich

Edited by Rich

Rich,

WELCOME to the world of Soviet Orders and Medals!!! I'll echo the advice of Gerd & Ed!! We are here to help you. So Have fun and enjoy your new addiction...OH, didn't anybody tell you that these things are addictive. Well, too late :cheeky: You're hooked :jumping:

:beer: Doc

Guest Darrell

Welcome to the asylum, Rich. We really ARE all quite mad here!

:beer::jumping:

MAD !!?? MAD??!! Ed is the one that's crazy !! AATYBVHJJLLLLGT)&&T)*&)*T ..............

IPB Image

hahahahahahah aaa .... :P

MAD !!?? MAD??!! Ed is the one that's crazy !! AATYBVHJJLLLLGT)&&T)*&)*T ..............

IPB Image

hahahahahahah aaa .... :P

No, Darrel, he?s not mad, he is eccentric :P

God thanks i am one of the collectors, who still has his mind together. :rolleyes:

Got to go now, my Red Banners talked to me and told me to kill the fascist neighbor next door :cheeky:

PS: AWESOME smiley :lol:

No, Darrel, he?s not mad, he is eccentric :P

God thanks i am one of the collectors, who still has his mind together. :rolleyes:

Got to go now, my Red Banners talked to me and told me to kill the fascist neighbor next door :cheeky:

PS: AWESOME smiley :lol:

"Eccentric"?! In this crowd, how could you tell?!?

:P