News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

After obtaining the Saxon St. Henreich Knights cross and the Knights Cross with Swords to the Hohenzollern houseorder ..... what is the next item I should keep my eyes open for????

Yesss I know the PLM would be great but my pocket book is not quite that large.!!!!

Give me some ideas !!!!

Rod

Hi Rod,

A friend who died some years ago concentrated his collecting efforts to Imperial German knight?s badges which turned into one of the most impressive collections I?ve ever seen. You seem to be headed in the same direction, so why not consider it?

One of the nice things about this approach is that it gives you examples of the badges of each order. Generally the higher grades are identical, only larger. I can assure you that you will enjoy decades of happy hunting without running out of material to be acquired; but if you do, you can then go after all of the officer?s crosses, then the commander?s crosses, then the grand crosses - we?ll forget the PLMs. ;) Seriously, I?ve always had an appreciation for the lower grades as they seem to more often been awarded for substantial reasons whereas the higher grades all too often turn out to be for length of service or connections.

Bottom line though, collect what interests and appeals to you. You?ll find it. :beer:

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Hi Rod,

A friend who died some years ago concentrated his collecting efforts to Imperial German knight?s badges which turned into one of the most impressive collections I?ve ever seen. You seem to be headed in the same direction, so why not consider it?

One of the nice things about this approach is that it gives you examples of the badges of each order. Generally the higher grades are identical, only larger. I can assure you that you will enjoy decades of happy hunting without running out of material to be acquired; but if you do, you can then go after all of the officer?s crosses, then the commander?s crosses, then the grand crosses - we?ll forget the PLMs. ;) Seriously, I?ve always had an appreciation for the lower grades as they seem to more often been awarded for substantial reasons whereas the higher grades all too often turn out to be for length of service or connections.

Bottom line though, collect what interests and appeals to you. You?ll find it. :beer:

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Rod,

You have been shown some of the Most beautiful Imperial ODMs. My personal favorite (ONLY because I have a 3rd class with swords, cased) is the Bavarian MVO. This means I have a long way to go. I could easily get distracted by the other ODMs presented in this thread. ANY would be worth it.

:beer: Doc

Now I have a Leser Bavarian MVO and I don't get too excited about a Zahringer Lion..... I am BORED!!!!

Hummmmm if I am really interested in a Pour Le Merite (a REAL one) where do I gooooooo ????

Rod

Rod, Since you are obviously interested in the higher orders of the states, perhaps a Bavarian Max Joseph order. A member here had a beautiful one for sale here some time ago, I do not remember if it sold. I also would heartily second the Henry the Lion order from Braunschweig. It is at the top of my list right now. Another choice would be the Baden Friedrich Karl order. These three are at the top of the pecking order for their particlar states.

Dan

Edited by Daniel Murphy