News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Biggest EK mystery ?

I think you find it on the non round EK two's mate.

Chris is this from the collection with the VC group in it too ?

Indeed it is. The man does not collect german, but wanted one German Battle of Britain group. In the end a Spanish Cross in Gold group with front clasps and EK1 and 2 fell into his lap.

He did not even notice the round 3 cross.

Indeed it is. The man does not collect german, but wanted one German Battle of Britain group. In the end a Spanish Cross in Gold group with front clasps and EK1 and 2 fell into his lap.

He did not even notice the round 3 cross.

Have you got photos of the rest of the group Chris?...if so please post mate!

• 6 years later...

Wow.... thats a blast from the past.

i was priveledged to see the group when it was in the 1st collectors hands to own it.

As I said, this was peanuts in a collection that puts museums to shame... it came from the family to the collector, all he wanted was a battle of britain group. he simply shrugged when I mentioned the cross was a round three... you could almost hear him ask "... arnt they all?"

I know collectors have argues that such anealry cross simply should not have the stamp... ihave no explanation... the group is what it is...

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

for me this was the most untainted by collectors hands big group I have seen. The 1st collector to own it did not collect german, and had no idea what a round 3 cross was.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this cross is koscher, as is.

Some collectors doubt the stamp on this piece is a maker stamp, that is their right, I am a big preacher for collectors to be a "healthy sceptics". I have passed up good and bad in the past in an effort to be careful. So I can understand that.

Having said that, for me there is not a 0.001% doubt in my mind, that this is what it is, stamp and all.

best

Chris

Chris, i'm not sure how you read my post.

I meant no irony. Looks like you thought i did.

i personally do not doubt, cross or stamp. I would ad it to the collection in a hartbeat.

Seriously, the typical 30-ies EkI 's, 1914, with these deschler pins, can they al be 22's?

These are not "Deschler pins." They were used by many makers on many different awards, some even marked. Assigning a maker based on the pin is not possible unless other factors confirm it. The crosses (I think) you refer to were made by Wilhelm Deumer.