News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Knights Cross of War Merit Cross

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hello

What superb workmanship. From the first picture I'd have never guessed it was a minature - and obviously I didn't !! :rolleyes:

Gordon,

Outstanding piece! I would love to add one of those to go with the two I have, here is a pic of my Deschler in silver, I'll have to get one of the gold one I have.

Fritz,

Thanks very much for sharing those photos. Have you noticed that Deschler pieces appear to have a slight flaw on the reverse? it is between the 9 and the 3 in "1939". I noticed it on yours and mine as well as the one shown in DN's book.

The only other Gold Cross I ever saw was the Dodkins piece which was auctioned in 1987. It was stated that 8 were produced and two awarded. I seem to remember that Forman once sold a gold cross without swords.

Stan

Whats more than ineresting on the mini Gordon is the Ldo logo !!!

Thats the first time I have ever seen that whole logo depicted on anything other than paper related materials as such.

That is the framed, oblate oval part of the logo, very interesting mate !!

Kr

Marcus

Gordon.

:jumping: That's BEAUTIFUL :jumping: That is the one TR piece I am determined to add to my collection. I saw one, with a shorter piece of ribbon, at a gun show. He wanted $2500 for it but had it in a frame so I couldn't get a hands on look at it. I'll just keep looking. Again, A very nice piece. You are Very Lucky!!!

:beer: Doc

Whats more than ineresting on the mini Gordon is the Ldo logo !!!

Thats the first time I have ever seen that whole logo depicted on anything other than paper related materials as such.

That is the framed, oblate oval part of the logo, very interesting mate !!

Kr

Marcus

Marcus,

Here is a better shot of the marking on the button of the mini

Gordon.

:jumping: That's BEAUTIFUL :jumping: That is the one TR piece I am determined to add to my collection. I saw one, with a shorter piece of ribbon, at a gun show. He wanted $2500 for it but had it in a frame so I couldn't get a hands on look at it. I'll just keep looking. Again, A very nice piece. You are Very Lucky!!!

:beer: Doc

Thanks Doc, glad you like it. They are all nice, but for me the Steinhauer is the finest of all the RK of the KVK for sheer quality of the striking. Zimmermann is probably a bit rarer - took me years to track one down-but not at nice as S&Ls piece.

Here they are together - Deschler 900 1, Steinhauer 935 4, Zimmermann 900 20