News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Stolen Valor Act passes Congress

Ed_Haynes

You're all labouring under the mistaken impression that our politicians have the people's best interests at heart. Debate does not work. It is a waste of energy. We need to start thinking seriously about the people who are telling us what to do. These are the wankers none of us wanted to talk to at school, usually for bloody good reasons, and now they're cracking the whip. People ask me why I always look so grim when riding my motorbikes. It's very simple: I am wary of looking as if I am having a good time because I know some superannuated c**t will want to legislate it out of existence if he sees me enjoying myself. That's what this is: the meek have inherited the earth and they're finding all sorts of ways of imposing misery on people. We really need to start thinking about killing these people. Killing them is really the only sensible thing to do. Think I'm being extreme? I'm not. I'm telling it how it is. The West needs a serious shake-up. Here we have tossers spending our money on "make-work" legislation while our society is on its way to Hell in a wheelbarrow with a crooked wheel. We wish to remember and render homage to men who fought for us but these people wish to prevent education, pride in our past and anything else that stands in their way of their agenda, which is to wreck Western society.

Rant over...

PK

WOW, touched a nerve did it? Right on!

:speechless1:

You're all labouring under the mistaken impression that our politicians have the people's best interests at heart. Debate does not work. It is a waste of energy. We need to start thinking seriously about the people who are telling us what to do. These are the wankers none of us wanted to talk to at school, usually for bloody good reasons, and now they're cracking the whip. People ask me why I always look so grim when riding my motorbikes. It's very simple: I am wary of looking as if I am having a good time because I know some superannuated c**t will want to legislate it out of existence if he sees me enjoying myself. That's what this is: the meek have inherited the earth and they're finding all sorts of ways of imposing misery on people. We really need to start thinking about killing these people. Killing them is really the only sensible thing to do. Think I'm being extreme? I'm not. I'm telling it how it is. The West needs a serious shake-up. Here we have tossers spending our money on "make-work" legislation while our society is on its way to Hell in a wheelbarrow with a crooked wheel. We wish to remember and render homage to men who fought for us but these people wish to prevent education, pride in our past and anything else that stands in their way of their agenda, which is to wreck Western society.

Rant over...

PK

Ed,

I doubt it sincerely. The Guant?namo risk, I mean. The US Constitution obliges citizens to overthrow tyrannical government by force of arms if necessary. However, I do not reside in the United States. We've discussed the Stolen Valor thing to death on this forum and others. Nothing has been done about resisting this legislation, despite all the huffing and puffing. It's only a matter of time before similar legislation is passed in Europe and elsewhere. Apart from anything else, our glorious leaders take the view that any transactions they cannot tax must be prevented. Government has been trying to tax private sales of collectibles for years. In France, for example, you cannot pay in cash for anything bought in an auction house for more than ?600,00 because of laws made, they claim, to combat money-laundering "by criminals from the former Eastern Bloc". The real money-laundering is done through the same private, off-shore banks in which our tax-fed leaders hide all the money they steal from us. If anyone believes that laws preventing trade in militaria have nothing to do with trying to stamp out untaxable commerce, they are very na?ve. I expect some readers will sneer at this post but the sad fact of the matter, as we can see, is that extreme violence is the only way in which one can influence politicians and the shady people financing them. If you don't believe that, then ask yourself why so many of our own terrorists are on the loose. Ask yourself why the PIRA won in Ulster. Violence works. History proves it. That 90% of Westerners have lost their bottle is the only reason every lamppost in the street outside our houses doesn't have politicians and their accomplices dangling from it.

Now, how much was that CMoH?

PK

Well dutchboy, start to pray that Bush's faithful puppy Blair does not come to heel and follow suit with some similar legislation on British medals. Now that would be really earth shattering for many, many more collectors !!!! :rolleyes:

Jim

Guest Darrell

Seeing as how the Canadian Government can screw things up just by looking at it ... can you imagine if they instituted something like this on British / US medals? Hmmm ... now, how much did the Gun Registry put the average Joe back?

Exactly :speechless:

Edited by Darrell

You're all labouring under the mistaken impression that our politicians have the people's best interests at heart.

How true, I work for the local government. I know this is off topic, but this is how government works. This year they paid good money (six figures) to do a study that found out what we had been telling them for years. :rolleyes: That we were underpaid and were losing good employees to other counties. So they finally give us in July comparable (but not equal) pay and the Warden has us all sign a letter of thanks (manatory, not signing was not an option) to the commisioners. At the same time they increased the amount we pay into our retirement. The net pay raise was enough to buy lunch twice a week. Oh yea and the other counties got raises too, so we are still way behind. :banger: Now imagine that kind of stupidity on a grand scale.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Number one, this is all exactly like the gun laws. It seems it's already confusing enough and no one really seems to know exactly what it all means. What this means is, it can be interpreted... or misinterpreted at will by any idiot government official or law enforcement official... many of whom are dumber than a bag of hammers.

I mean, look at one gun law as a for instance. Try asking just about anyone, in the know or otherwise, if it's legal to put a bayonet on an SKS rifle. You'll get a different answer or interpretation of the law from everyone you ask. Believe me, I've tried. I finally decided it's not worth the hassle or the risk. I have a Chinese SKS as well as both types of bayos. The bayos stay separate from the gun. It ticks me off royally as the folding bayo was one of the things I really liked about the SKS. Only way around it is to spend yet more money I don't have to buy one on which it's legal to put on the bayo. Arrrrrgh!!!! :angry: Either that or I have to spend more to replace at least ten parts on it with U.S. made equivalents in order for it not to be considered an imported gun. Double arrrrrgh! They get you coming, going or standing still. I mean, for crying out loud, an SKS is an SKS. What earthly difference does it make where it was made or when or whether it was made for civilians or the military? It's the same exact rifle!!!! And Lord knows that one can kill a whole lot more people with the bayonet attached to the end of it than you can with several full magazines loaded to the brim! Insanity!!!!

All this is going to do is cause alot of confusion and alot of heart ache to a bunch of innocent people and the ones that it's meant to stop will figure some way to get around it. And there were so few of them to begin with it's not funny.

Number two, I hate to see anyone say they don't collect US so it doesn't concern them. I heard the same thing from some friends in Florida who are hunters... they felt the gun laws would not affect their hunting guns. Think again! They will keep going until it's illegal to breath! At least unless you pay heavy taxes on it and buy permits and licenses, etc.

My family has fought for freedom both in and out of the military going back to the Revolution. We've fought political idiocy and have also fought very hard against the anti-gunners pushing for more and more stupid, confusing laws. In fact we nearly went bankrupt doing just that.

And guess what... no parades, no fireworks... no one cares. After a while one gets tired of it all. We fight, nothing changes, or it does for a short time until it all starts all over again.

Don't get me wrong... I really hope this can all be worked out so it will "only" effect the ones who were really trying to steal honor... but that it won't hurt legitimate, honest and law abiding collectors, dealers, historians, vets, families of vets, etc.

But short of writing letters to congressmen, etc, the only other thing to do is vote out the morons who do these things and vote in some who hopefully won't. And to my way of thinking anymore, all politicians are crooked as a dogs hind leg. Party doesn't matter... they want power and money and don't care a bit about "We The People". Far too many attorneys running our country and it's been that way for a long time. How about some common, down to earth blokes who aren't multi millionaires getting a crack at it? How about folks who feel it's a dirty job but someone has to do it and they feel they might be able to make a difference. No... we get rich, fat cat attorneys and those who have made a family career out of serving... er, living... off the government and the people in this country. Nothing changes. More and more stupid, senseless and unnecessary laws keep getting passed and no one is held accountable.

Well, they want my stuff... same as Rick... they can come pry it from my cold dead hands!

Sorry for the rant, but like many others this has really touched a sensitive nerve in me. :mad:

But I will say... I do hope I've not offended or insulted any of my fellow members as that is definitely not my intention. But when I saw this I simply had to speak my mind... of course that and five bucks might get me a cup of coffee. :lol: But at least I feel a bit better now. At least for now we still have freedom of speech over here in the good old US of A... at least until they figure out how to put a stop to that too.

Dan :cheers: