News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Glory 2nd Class (To Tank Scout)

Guest Rick Research

Order of Glory 2nd Class

Post #2) Awards Record Card showing Orders Book V 798479 to

Aleksei Prokhorovich Alekseikin

born 1924 in village of Nikol'skoe, Kurkinsky Raion, Tul'skaya Oblast. Russian, primary education, Komsomoil since 1943.

In Red Army since June 1942

Decorated as SCOUT Junior Segeant (2 stripes on straps) in 237th TANK Brigade, 31st Tank Corps

Currently battle tank driver in same unit, home address village of Nikol'skoe as above.

Post #3) OPW 2nd Class # 43,252 per 31st Tank Corps on 10 October 1943

Order of Glory 3rd Class # 25 (5/6?), 691 the same on 8 March 1945

Order of Glory 2nd Class # 19, 474 per 60th Army on 16 May 1945

Victory Over Germany with nominal date of 9 May 1945 always found on ARCs.

Filled out 20 February 1946. Stamp has all the unit's names and titles but is sideways and too late for me to read now (0030 AM)

Post #4) Citation as Junior Sergeant in Motorized Reconnaissance Battalion of 237th Auto-Tank Brigade, put in for Glory 2nd. At the front since 5 July 4(scribble). No wounds. In Red Army since 16 August 1942, called up from Kurkinsky DMC. Notes previous awards and dates for OPW 2nd and OG 3rd.

Next of kin was his mother (in Sergeevka part of Nikol'skoe as above), Do...na Mikhailovna Alekseikina.

"Took part in 'n.i.' (?) in time of combat for Kobirvitse, Kravorzhe, and Stititsa 17 and 18 April 1945. Comrade Alekseikin showed courage and bravery at the time of his observation personally discovering: one gun 'i.t.o.', two machine guns, one armored transport and up to 40 enemy soldiers, against which quickly reported to 'O.I.' of the battery commander.

observation of which was detroyed.

Deserves to be decorated with the Satte Order 'of Glory 2nd Class'

20 April 1945, Commander 'MBA' Gds Major 'Kuzhakmetov'

Post #5) Derserves to be awarded Order of Glory 2nd Class:

25 April 1945, Commander 237th Tank Brigade (scribble no rank)

3 May 1945 Commander 31st Tank '......, Order of the Red Banner, Order of Suvorov' Corps, Major-General 'Kuznetsov'

13 May 1945 Commander Tank and Mechanized Forces 60th Army Gds Colonel (scribble)

Issued 16th May.

Guest Rick Research

from what I an find, 31st Independent Tank Corps crossed into Trans-Carpathian Slovakia in the fall of 1944 (so he probably was entitled to, if never got, the Czech Medal for the Dukla Pass), was around Breslau in February 1945, and ended up headed for Prague when the war ended. Don't know if they got there in time for the actual Prague Medal.

Rick,

Thank you for giving so much of your time for the translation. I would give anything to track down his missing orders.

Also, I am considering the research of his 3rd Class and OPW. It would be interesting to get this man's history!

Alfred,

Thank you for the information. I did know that units were awarded orders, I did not know that they used the titles in such a manner.

Gerd,

Thank you for the encouragement. How do you suggest I go about looking for these orders. I agree that they are out there, but how do I find them?

Paul

Hi Ed,

I am so hooked. This was my second lot of orders I had researched. I have just sent in a request for an ORB"2"! I can hardly wait to get that one back!

Paul

Yep, except this means that we have to place "Learn Russian" on our "to-do" lists? :unsure:

Paul,

try this website and click on orders database:

http://www.soviet-screwbacks.com/

There you can add your single orders and medals and also the one, you are looking for. They had two matches already.

And there are also collectors our there, who add the data here to their databases and it can happen, that they see an order or medal, which belongs to a group or other single awards, posted on this forum or elsewhere on the internet. I know, because it just happened to me and i am in negotiations to reunite two orders. Cross your fingers everyone. :cheers:

Gerd