News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Frackspange w/ NK EK and Brunswick Merit NK

I picked this up a while back and ws wondering about a few things. The medals are:

1. 1914 EK2 NK

2. Prussian 1916 War Aid

3. Prussian Red Eagle Order 4th Class

4. Red Cross Medal 3rd class

5. Landswehr 2nd Class

6. Brunswick War Merit Cross 2nd Class NK

The is no Hindenburg so any peacetime medal could not go after it. Since the RAO is before the LSC is it wartime? If it is then should it have swords or is it peacetime? My quess is that the bar is for a Landswehr Officer Doctor with between 10 and 20 years. Anyway to trace this bar?

Guest Rick Research

Yup, that's a beauty! :love:

Frack mounting, so worn on civilian clothes, not a uniform. I don't know if the Godet street address offers any clues as to during the war or 1920s, but since 10,000 of the 13,000 "white black" EK2s came AFTER the war, odds are this is a 1920s mounting.

With the war efforts AND wartime Red Cross, no way to tell exactly what sort of a functionary he was--

but with FOUR non-combatant/home front war effort/civilian awards and being a "Major" level guy, an impressive array. The Red Eagle 4 and LD2 make me think he was an EX Reserve or Landwehr officer since most of them even in a civilian job where they got a Red Eagle 4 would have had enough time in for a 1920 bump-out with an XX Cross if they had kept up reserve status. So maybe an Oberleutnant or Hauptmann dR/dL aD and in a Regierungsrat sort of higher civil service job.

• 2 weeks later...