News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Supposedly Belgian and WW2 ...

Hello Gents,

Would appreciate an ID on this one : no medal appears to be associated with it and it is worn as a ribbon only "decoration" :

Cheers,

Hendrik

Now that's a strange one Hendrik... haven't ever seen anything Belgian that even remotely looked like it.

Now that's a strange one Hendrik... haven't ever seen anything Belgian that even remotely looked like it.

Completely non-official of course but it bugs me not to know with any certainty what it is :blush:

Cheers,

Hendrik

Completely non-official of course but it bugs me not to know with any certainty what it is :blush:

Cheers,

Hendrik

Have you tried Loek J.? He is the unofficial walking Belgian medal encyclopedia, erm... walking unofficial Belgian med... walking Belgian unofficial medal encyclopedia :rolleyes:

Have you tried Loek J.? He is the unofficial walking Belgian medal encyclopedia, erm... walking unofficial Belgian med... walking Belgian unofficial medal encyclopedia :rolleyes:

Hi Erik,

:speechless::speechless: Hadn't even thought of doing so ! Old age and slipping up !

Will contact him presto :cheers:

:beer:

Hendrik

• 9 months later...

Hi Erik,

:speechless::speechless: Hadn't even thought of doing so ! Old age and slipping up !

Will contact him presto :cheers:

:beer:

Hendrik

Hello Hendrik,

I hate to answer with another question, but I have a mini with the same ribbon colour and a skull in the middle of the medaillon. Would this be the medal of your service ribbon???? Did you have an aswer from Loek?

kind regards,

Jef

Hello Jef,

So there is a medal/cross associated with this after all ! Great to see it ... I never got an answer from Loek on this so I'll now send him your picture. Maybe his penny will drop this time.

Cheers,

Hendrik

• 1 month later...

I have a Belgian medal which might also be the one that should go with it, I have no idea which one of the medals does, the one from Jef or mine, perhaps they are from the same organastion.

Front unie medaille met gesp 1940-1945 (front Union medal with bar 1940-1945)

text on medal: Front Unique Belgique

frontmedaillebelzh2.jpg

• 11 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

hello fellow collectors , just found this site and i will help you with some information .

all the medals and ribbons are connected with each other and are from a WW2 organisation named FRONT UNIQUE - EENHEIDSFRONT

this was a WW2 resistance group but mainly they made secret papers and secret newspapers ( clandestine press ) .

i have some of them in my collection .

I have a Belgian medal which might also be the one that should go with it, I have no idea which one of the medals does, the one from Jef or mine, perhaps they are from the same organastion.

Front unie medaille met gesp 1940-1945 (front Union medal with bar 1940-1945)

text on medal: Front Unique Belgique

Hi Roeland,

Only seen this one with the 1940-1945 clasp, it's The Cross of the Clandestine Press Section of the Organization "Front Unique-Eenheidsfront"

Regards Eddie

I have seen skulls attached on the ribbons of belgian medals of a resistance group.

Only one group seem to do that most likely the group mentioned above;

Hi Lion,

Cross of the ''Federation of the Resistance of the Ardennes'' with skull.

Regards Eddie

Hi Lion,

Cross of the ''Federation of the Resistance of the Ardennes'' with skull.

Regards Eddie

Now you mention the name, I remember it. The name is correct

So there are at least two resistance groups with skulls on the ribbons of their medals

Front Unique - Eenheidsfront and

Federation of the Resistance of the Ardennes