News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Yeah, but then I get lost because

which CLASS of the Reuss ?.L. Civil Merit Cross is that-- 2nd? 1st has enamel arms?

Yeah, this is one of those freaky guys who got SOME awards as breast stars and sashes because of his title, and other things by his military rank. He does NOT show up right away in the 1914 ? la Suites where I expected to find him, so now I need to know WHICH Reuss class to hunt down. Too exotic for me-- I have never seen and do not have descriptions of all the classes.

which CLASS of the Reuss ?.L. Civil Merit Cross is that-- 2nd? 1st has enamel arms?

Mmmm, a yummy piece...

If the colors come out right, this should be the FIRST class :jumping: According to J?rg Nimmergut all other classes are in silver. The ribbon indicates that it comes from the Greiz (older) line, soooo... Heinrich XXIV . If not a fake, it should be of genuine gold :jumping::jumping::jumping: Congratulations!!!!

Fantastic addition Medalnet!!

BTW FYI: this is what Nimmergut says of the classes of the Zivil-Verdienstkreuz of Reuss

?ltere Linie:

1st Class - gold cross with white enameled medallion and green oak wreath;

2nd Class - silver cross with white enameled medallion and green oak wreath;

3rd Class, Abteilung 1 - silver cross with silver medallion (w. gilt letters) and green oak wreath;

3rd Class, Abteilung 2 - silver cross with silver medallion and silver oak wreath.

Ribbon: ultramarine blue with wide crimson edges.

J?ngere Linie (Zivil-Ehrenkreuz) - only two classes:

1st Class - gold cross with white enameled medallion and green oak wreath;

2nd Class - silver cross with white enameled medallion and green oak wreath.

Ribbon: crimson.

Guest Rick Research

And best of all, with the Online Gotha there is always birth-to-death data on at least the vital statistics on this sort of Exalted Personage.

I was thrown off track :banger: by the RAO4 in the 1914 Rangliste-- presumably bumped off-bar during the war? But I KNEW this had to be that sort of person.

The 1917 Hofkalendar shows him as one of innumerable Ordonnanz Offiziere mobbing His Imperial And Royal Majesty, eager to light cigarettes, yearning to fluff automobile blankets, springing with aging alacrity to ceremoniously fling open doors and perform other Urgent War-Related GHQ tasks. :cheeky:

Wow!!! :speechless1::speechless1: Great bar Andreas!!! Congratulations!! :beer::beer:

It seems that you're also becoming a "medal bar" freak like me and Heiko...

These bars, although very very expensives, are so much fun to collect or just to view them... You can see some odd combinations with very rare medals that usually mere mortals wouldn't have a chance to wear.

Ciao,

Claudio