News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I hope you guys can help me with identifying this medal:

39a21bvd6.jpg

I never saw it before, but looking at it's ribbon it looks like a medal from saxony.

Can anybody tell me what it is? and is it complete, because it looks like there has to be somethin on the core, value?

thanks in advance

Carnival piece, not military or civil..

thank you for the info!

that is probably why I couldn't find it in any book....

what a seller: antique military medal

I hate people trying to rip others off.

by the way, the second item I asked about, my guess is something about the Stahlhelm bund, but what it exactly is, no idea

Edited by Roeland

what a seller: antique military medal I hate people trying to rip others off,

Hallo Roeland, :cheers: this one has stumped the experts as well, it has many simeralities with your in shape and design but is a breast badge.

I thought it could possibly connected to a shooting club or veterans club as an unofficial award :unsure:

but maybe "stogieman" is on the right track? Can you post pictures of te rear of these items???

Kevin. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

by the way, the second item I asked about, my guess is something about the Stahlhelm bund, but what it exactly is, no idea

The Deutschen Kriegerbund was founded in 1873. In 1897 it became the Preu?ischen Landeskriegerverband. It later joined in 1900 with the veterans' organizations of Bavaria, Saxony, W?rttemberg, Baden and Hesse to form the Kyffh?userbund, which stll exists today. The Stahlhelm Bund was founded after World War I.

The K.B. and the date 1873 point to a Kriegerbund connection. The initials at the top (St.A.?) might be a specific chapter.

Edited by Dave Danner

Hallo Rob, :beer:

Thanks for the heads up, now if thats the same one he was asking the forum about WHY did he not post pictures of the rear?? the inscription translates as, or near to: For Other Services, Sch.-Ges. Anderten v, 1909. and has a possible connection with a shooting club.

Any more thoughts stogieman??

Looking at the SP on a lot of his medals Princes / Symbol 19.99 must be one of his favourite songs :P

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

how blind am I? I didn't even see the other pictures near the text, only the one below!

doesn't it say 1901?

maybe it has something to do with China, and if it ahs a connection with a shooting club, many members of one could be drafted for duty.

there are millions of different badges like this one around.... germany had in the early years of the 20th century thousands of shooter clubs, military clubs, veteran clubs and so on... it was a military society - they all had something like awards and orders for their members like the ones shown here.

In my eyes they are worth nearly nothing - BUT as always - if you are a collector of these things they are worth a lot for you!!! (but I don`t know a lot of people who collect these things.... ;) )

Yes, I'm with Heiko's opinion, but it always depends on WHAT they do look like. ;)

Recently acquired:

A nicely sewn Prussian 2 place medal bar with a medal to the jubilee of the liberation of Spandau (1813-1913), very massive in real silver, and a cross for 25 years in shooting club Spandau, as well Silber, but looking very close to a Crown Order 4th class ...

:rolleyes:

Yes, I'm with Heiko's opinion, but it always depends on WHAT they do look like. ;) Recently acquired:

A nicely sewn Prussian 2 place medal bar with a medal to the jubilee of the liberation of Spandau (1813-1913), very massive in real silver, and a cross for 25 years in shooting club Spandau, as well Silber, but looking very close to a Crown Order 4th class ...

:rolleyes:

Hallo saschaw, :cheers: nice find, now, that has a bit of "CLASS" about it :jumping: Kevin in Deva. :beer:

The piece shown here from the shooting club is very high priced.

First, it is not complete, there is something missing in the middle (see my example in the middle)

Second, it is damaged, see left on the arm.

The pieces in my picture can be allocated to the period 1954-1961.

Regards

Uwe