News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Citations to Medics needed

I am preparing a book about Soviet Medics, medical Nurses and Doctors. As I don't have many citations myself I am asking for your help. If you have a citation or other research for a Medic, Nurse or doctor Please send me scans of the documents. All proper credit will be given. Thank You in advance for your help!!

:beer: Doc

Nice project. Feel free to use anything from First Sergeant of the Guards Alexandra Vasilyevna Grebenschchikova, Sanitary Instructor of motor rifle company, 1st Motor Rifle Battalion, 29th Guards Order of Bogdan Khemelnitsky 1st Degree Motor Rifle Brigade of Unech, The Guards Tank Ural-Lvov Voluntary Corps:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2329

Let me know if you need better scans.

:cheers:

Nice project. Feel free to use anything from First Sergeant of the Guards Alexandra Vasilyevna Grebenschchikova, Sanitary Instructor of motor rifle company, 1st Motor Rifle Battalion, 29th Guards Order of Bogdan Khemelnitsky 1st Degree Motor Rifle Brigade of Unech, The Guards Tank Ural-Lvov Voluntary Corps:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=2329

Let me know if you need better scans.

:cheers:

Ed,

Thank You!!! I really appreciate your help!!!

Doc,

i have this Long Service ORB to Lieutenant Colonel Valentin Alexeevich Filenius, Commander of Evacuation Hospital 325 in Irkutsk during the war. If you are interested, feel free to use it:

No interesting citation though. "Just" a Long-Service award...

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10295

Gerd

Edited by Gerd Becker

Doc,

i have this Long Service ORB to Lieutenant Colonel Valentin Akselevich Filenius, Commander of Evacuation Hospital 325 in Irkutsk during the war. If you are interested, feel free to use it:

No interesting citation though. "Just" a Long-Service award...

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10295

Gerd

Gerd,

Thank You my friend!!! I will use it in the book. I really appreciate your help!!!

Hi Riley1965,

I thought that perhaps, you might be able to use the following material on Captain of Medical Service Aleksandra Illariovna Orlova. She served as a surgeon, was of Russian nationality and was born in 1916. Her service included duty on the Southern Front (June - August 1942), Stalingrad Front (August 1942 - February 1943), Central Front (February 1943 - March 1944) and 1st and 2nd Belorussian Fronts from March 1944.

Her citation for The Order of Red Star reads - ?She was serving at the front of the Great Patriotic War from it?s first days. She has served in the hospital since the day of it?s foundation (March 1943). As a doctor at the hospital during the length of it?s existence, she gave medical aid to several hundreds of wounded soldiers and officers and helped to save their lives. During the winter campaign of 1945, as Chief of the Triage and Evacuation section, she triaged and evacuated more than 3500 wounded soldiers and officers.? Submitted by Chief of Military Hospital #249, Major of Medical Service Mudrakh on 24 May 1945. Final approval is by Orders of Forces of 70th Army, #260/N on 2 June 1945, awards of The Red Star, Chief of OK UT 70th Army, Lt. Col. Govorov.

3500 during the last, what five (?), months alone! One can only wonder... and I?ll leave it at that. I don?t know if this is what you are looking for; but it?s the best I can do.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

• 2 weeks later...

I receive that in the mail today from an Auction House. I thought it could interest you. Awarded to a field medic.

EDIT : Just to state I received the Auction catalogue, not the group. ;)

Edited by Soviet