News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet steel bib SN-42 with fighting damages

Truly interesting thing Sergey!

What is the thickness of the steel?

It is affixed to the body with rifle slings?

Thickness of steel about 3 mm. Fastened belts of various kinds. At the front used also fastening by weapon belts. On a photo a belt from automatic gun PPSH To long years in the USSR the military history and ammunition WW2 was uninteresting for many people. Because after war of all this in huge quantities rolled in woods and fields. There was a weight of others problems construct cities and villages. As a result today it is difficult to see many things of a uniform and ammunition RKKA

Wow! Cannot say I have ever come across that before! I suppose its not te most comfortable thin to wear....and judging from the holes, mebbe not the most effective either! Still.... ifit savedyou a bullet hole or two to the chest that was already a start!

Jim :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Cannot say I have ever come across that before! I suppose its not te most comfortable thin to wear....and judging from the holes, mebbe not the most effective either! Still.... ifit savedyou a bullet hole or two to the chest that was already a start!

Jim :cheers:

You are mistaken. There are certificates that SN-42 was very good in conditions of city. In field conditions its efficiency decreased .

Range of a shot is of great importance.

• 1 year later...

Interesting pieces! :jumping: I've seen those photos of the bibs in use before and I always wondered about them. Who in particular were they issued to? It looks like machine-gunners and flamethrower crews from the picture, but was that it? When did the RKKA stop using them?

Thanks! :cheers:

-Alex

Such boards used special groups of soldiers. To me there is no saying it in English. These groups are called Assault group.They the first came to German strengthenings.The information on use of boards in the Russian literature has not enough.I saw one document on the Internet about the order of manufacture of boards.This document with Kaganovich's signature.