News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Souval Iron Cross

Hi Lads,

A friend picked this up for me on a recent trip to Hamburg and as I'm new to militaria collecting, can you tell me if it's genuine or not (no makers mark but looks very like a Juncker). Any help is appreciated.

9af25487.jpg

2cacad5b.jpg

Guest Darrell

Looks like a Souval to me.

I agree 100% Souval.

Brass core as well?

Edited by Darrell

• 3 weeks later...

Souval EKs are not so difficult to find-nice one,especially with a brass core!

Micha

Interesting Micha, have bought a few nice EK I's over the last few months but not seen a Souval for sale, could you point me towards one for sale? Thanks, Ant.

Interesting Micha, have bought a few nice EK I's over the last few months but not seen a Souval for sale, could you point me towards one for sale? Thanks, Ant.

Bill Shea has a cased 1st class Souval for sale. Not cheap though!!!!!!!!! They pop up for sale quite often on the forums and military dealer's sites. I remember about a year ago one dealer had 3 Souval 1st classes for sale. Just keep looking. You can PM me if you like, and I will tell you where you can further look to find one. Good luck, Russel.

Thanks Russel, i am on the WA Forun e-stand about every hour during the day ( i work online for my job) & when they have come up for sale there they seem to sell within minutes!

I have just looked at Bill's (great guy) but i have never contemplated paying that for a cased EKI in that condition, it would have to be realy minty, no offence to Bill, that is the going price it sems on dealer websites.

Thanks, Ant.

Edited by antwhiplash

Thanks Russel, i am on the WA Forun e-stand about every hour during the day ( i work online for my job) & when they have come up for sale there they seem to sell within minutes!

I have just looked at Bill's (great guy) but i have never contemplated paying that for a cased EKI in that condition, it would have to be realy minty, no offence to Bill, that is the going price it sems on dealer websites.

Thanks, Ant.

For me to pay that, it would definately have to be pretty minty! I've seen your name on the other site quite a bit lately.

Hi Lads,

A friend picked this up for me on a recent trip to Hamburg and as I'm new to militaria collecting, can you tell me if it's genuine or not (no makers mark but looks very like a Juncker). Any help is appreciated.

9af25487.jpg

2cacad5b.jpg

Splendid core of Eiserneskreuz! Look like a "with marked".wide pin is very good details,i think so.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

I like it,too-but when it comes to Souval you cant be shure to be at the save side.....we all know that they produced "souveniers" shortly after the wars end! So bought this one when it was offered to me with the knowledge that it's maybe wasted money....

Micha