News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown medal/badge

Yes, the center has fallen off and been replaced by a knurled gold dingus.

Hallo Rick, :cheers: I believe its the first Model of the Crown of Romania with Sword at that!! :speechless1:

Harvey, were was the picture taken, through the window of a "Ye Olde Worlde antique shoppe" :P

Kevin in Deva, (Transylvania) :D

Hallo Rick, :cheers: I believe its the first Model of the Crown of Romania with Sword at that!! :speechless1:

Harvey, were was the picture taken, through the window of a "Ye Olde Worlde antique shoppe" :P

Kevin in Deva, (Transylvania) :D

Actually, yes.

The photo was taken in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul back in Aug 2005. The guy had pile of medals/orders/badges laying about - including seven Orders of Lenin (all genuine)!

So is this Romanian badge worth anything?

Actually, yes.

The photo was taken in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul back in Aug 2005. The guy had pile of medals/orders/badges laying about - including seven Orders of Lenin (all genuine)!

So is this Romanian badge worth anything?

Hallo Harvey, :beer:

The Romanian Order of the Crown, is probably missing the rear medalion as well, so that would reduce any value drastically,

pity to see it in this condition :(

:beer: Kevin in Deva

Hallo Harvey, :beer:

The Romanian Order of the Crown, is probably missing the rear medalion as well, so that would reduce any value drastically,

pity to see it in this condition :(

:beer: Kevin in Deva

Not to mention the damaged enamel! A shame as they're beautiful Orders. :( Ahhhh the ravages of time! :banger:

Dan :cheers:

Here is the entire photo!

I wish I could see the souk with my two eyes!!! Nice stuff!

This photo is shrunk down to about 45% of it's normal size. If there is something you want a close look of, please let me know and I will post the sections in their original size!

Regards

Paul

Hallo Paul, :speechless1:

interesting selection, starting on the left side with Italian Order of Saint Maurice & Saint Lazarus, Order of the Italian Crown, then some Russian Communist period, inter-mixed with some Turkish and French awards, the Crown of Romania Cross, USSR Mothers Medal, Serbian Saint Sava Crosseas, III Reich Mothers Cross, a Poland Restored Cross, two Austrian Merit Crosses, a III Reich I or II Class Iron Cross, More French Legion of Honours, German British Friendship pin, plus a couple I cannot identify.

Kevin in Deva :cheers:

OMG!!!!

Look at the lenins!!!! Look at the lenins!!!!

And to think I was also there in August 2005 (I believe it was August). Having had Grand Prix events to attend ... I remember being slightly hungover when visiting the bazaar .... which is immense! If only I knew that somewhere, in some corner or other, 6 lenins lay there..... and these being the tip of the iceberg :speechless:

Dunno about bodily functions stopping when u sneeze...... but my heart for one just missed a beat!!!

Jim :cheers:

OMG!!!!

Look at the lenins!!!! Look at the lenins!!!!

And to think I was also there in August 2005 (I believe it was August). Having had Grand Prix events to attend ... I remember being slightly hungover when visiting the bazaar .... which is immense! If only I knew that somewhere, in some corner or other, 6 lenins lay there..... and these being the tip of the iceberg :speechless:

Dunno about bodily functions stopping when u sneeze...... but my heart for one just missed a beat!!!

Jim :cheers:

Actually, there are 7 Lenins - both type 5 and type 6. I have better close-ups of all of them, and (to my admittedly untrained eye) all appear genuine. Lowest serial # observed was 71207. Other badges include (L to R, top to bottom): MOROCCAN ORDER OF THE MOHAMMEDIYA (1st class), TURKISH GRAND CROSS OF MEDJIDIE, TURKISH ORDER OF MEDJIDIE (5th class), ROMANIAN ORDER OF THE CROWN (officer), TUNISIAN ORDER OF NATIONAL MERIT, SOVIET MOTHERHOOD MEDAL (1st class), FRENCH ORDER OF AGRICULTURAL MERIT (officer), SERBIAN ORDER OF ST. SAVA (grand officer), SERBIAN ORDER OF ST. SAVA (officer), NAZI IRON CROSS (2ND class?), IRANIAN ORDER OF THE CROWN (1st class), ITALIAN ORDER OF SAINTS MAURICE AND LAZARUS, ITALIAN ORDER OF THE CROWN (commander), 7 SOVIET ORDERS OF LENIN, NAZI CROSS OF HONOR FOR MOTHERHOOD (silver), AUSTRIAN SILVER CROSS OF MERIT (with crown), POLISH CROSS OF MERIT, AUSTRIAN CROSS OF MERIT, SWEDISH ORDER OF THE NORTH STAR (knight), TURKISH ORDER OF OSMANIE, and several FRENCH LEGIONS d'HONNEUR (various ranks). BTW, the *starting* price for the Lenins were $850 :speechless1:

Edited by Harvey

Guest Rick Research

And all tossed in a heap being chipped and dinged (and losing value) every time they're pawed through, day after month after year....

Ach, some "business" people are so :speechless: