News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Civilian Uniforms of the Hungarian Communist Period

Can't wait to see more! Fantastic report so far. :jumping: Yet again I'm tempted to leap on the plane (and I'm not fond of flying) and head over just to visit the museum... well, and the market of course! :P

Looked like some cased awards in front of the Generals display... am curious about those. You know me and cased stuff. :lol: Love the General's uniform and especially that rack of ribbons!!!! :love: And that flag is BEAUTIFUL!!!! :jumping::love: Very colorful.

Thanks so much to both you Gordon to to Charles for sharing your adventures, your knowledge, your time and your collections with us. You truly inspire us to learn more and to continue to build out collections. Couldn't do it without you! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Dan,

There were a lot of cased awards but not of medals. There simply was not enough time to study all there was to see nor could I understand enough (any?) of the Hungarian to recognize what I was looking at. There was a wall of medals but because of its location my pictures of the medals did not turn out. All were blurry. Charles' camera has a better resolution than mine but both have the standard problem of digital cameras that the photo is often blurry. We need to take an least two pictures of everything and even then we do not always get the desired results. I have already posted pretty much all of the good photos I have of the time frame of this forum. Perhaps when Charles returns to the city he will have time to add some of his photos.

Indeed the flag is a beauty. Would love to one of that quality.

Regards,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Dan,

There were a lot of cased awards but not of medals. There simply was not enough time to study all there was to see nor could I understand enough (any?) of the Hungarian to recognize what I was looking at. There was a wall of medals but because of its location my pictures of the medals did not turn out. All were blurry. Charles' camera has a better resolution than mine but both have the standard problem of digital cameras that the photo is often blurry. We need to take an least two pictures of everything and even then we do not always get the desired results. I have already posted pretty much all of the good photos I have of the time frame of this forum. Perhaps when Charles returns to the city he will have time to add some of his photos.

Indeed the flag is a beauty. Would love to one of that quality.

Regards,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Believe you me, I know the frustrations of digital cameras all too well as evidenced by some of my earliest posts. :cheeky: Perhaps on another trip they might let you pop inside the glass to get some good pics under their supervision. I know many museums will do this if you get with the right person in charge and show them how serious a collector/historian you are. I always go by the idea that "It never hurts to ask". By the sound of how they reacted to ya'll visiting this past time I think they're so starved for attention they'd be more than pleased to help ya'll to get better pictures. Who knows... you might end up driving home in an old Fire Truck to add to the collection!!!! :lol: Seems by the sound of it stranger things do happen over there. :P

Would love to see pics of the cased awards. I especially love that aspect of the munkasor group I got from Charles.

Amen on the flag!!!! An absolute beauty without a doubt! :love::jumping:

Thanks again for all your and Charles efforts in all this. :beer:

Dan,

I found some pictures last night from our Fireman's Museum visit that are worth posting. They are of medals and are dark but worth putting up. So they don't get lost in the welter, and title of a uniform, I am going to start a new thread that will just be for Firemen's medals. It can be added to be anyone then and perhaps we can build up a good resource for them that way. I picked up one Friday that will be my first actual medal post as soon as I get a chance to write it up.

Cheers,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

Dan,

I found some pictures last night from our Fireman's Museum visit that are worth posting. They are of medals and are dark but worth putting up. So they don't get lost in the welter, and title of a uniform, I am going to start a new thread that will just be for Firemen's medals. It can be added to be anyone then and perhaps we can build up a good resource for them that way. I picked up one Friday that will be my first actual medal post as soon as I get a chance to write it up.

Cheers,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Super! Looking forward to it!!!! :jumping::jumping: And sounds like a very interesting thread.

Mucho thanks! :beer: