News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

So, you think you can buy a PLM on eBay?

As of today, there are three (3) different ones available on eBay/USA. Think they're real?

There's a $700 bid on the Rothe Fake

There's an offer to sell a repro for $625

There's another (Spanish?) fake up to a few hundred already.

In the last thirty (30) days, there have been 24 listings for "Blue Max"... the bulj of them sell for under $100 USD.

One would think, people have learned a lesson or two....

It's too funny what people will believe.....I sat next to an old man at a military show who told me he had 16 PLMs at home, all original....he paid less than $100 for each and was really surprised to see how much they had gone up in value.......

quite sad that people are that naive and take advantage of one another.

Just like the WW2 Ritterkreuz of the iron cross, only a few thousands awared, from which a lot got destroyed/lost at the end of the war in combat and de-nazification by it's owners.

Nowadays, each day 50.000 are sold on the internet from which 1/3 of it's sellers claims it's genuine, that means +-15.000 real knights crosses every day while only 7028 where made.

Now I'll do the maths 7028 - the lost/destroyed ones= 15.000 a day for sale??????

Am I that bad in Maths?

people always hope to get a high rare award for a bargain on the internet such as these PLM's which are clearly fake.

How many where made?

and how many are offered on the internet every day..........

a discrace

quite sad that people are that naive and take advantage of one another.

Nowadays, each day 50.000 are sold on the internet from which 1/3 of it's sellers claims it's genuine, that means +-15.000 real knights crosses every day while only 7028 where made.

Now I'll do the maths 7028 - the lost/destroyed ones= 15.000 a day for sale??????

Am I that bad in Maths?

How many where made?

and how many are offered on the internet every day..........

a discrace

I think we need to distinguish between made and awarded. For instance, the RK was made by numerous companies and in far greater numbers than what was awarded. Some companies even made them after the war. Logically speaking there are more of them out there.

The PLM was made by only a few companies and not really mass produced by today's standards. It too was produced after the wars. Even still, the limitted number of awards of the PLM vs the RK means it is a much rarer bird.

• 2 weeks later...