News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Indeed-- comnsiderably more labor and "heft" than the usual tinned nickel stock parts. A "one off" recipient made piece, that!

As the seller, I will chime in. The pix do not do the workmanship that someone put into this justice. The plates are massive and look machine finished. Each medal was carefully attached to the brass/bronze rings after each one was individually brazed (??) onto the backplate at precisely the correct height. Only example of this type I have ever seen. Whover did it had an awful lot of time and metal-working expertise available to them. Or perhaps just a stunning amount of pride.

The precedence never bothered me..... looks like an Imperial guy hikding over the "old" practice of Combat Awards, then Non-Combattant. It's a real gem!

Interesting bar. Are the medals not in the correct order?? You guys lost me on this one. But that is easy to do as I am not a medal bar guy! I would have to think, with the input from those in the know, that this bar, either good or bad, was put together as a one of a kind..??? Most likely home made??? Mike

No Mike...This bar is not home made with brass shim stock and tin snips

From what I have been told the kvk2 should be beside ek2

Someone or some company in the know made this one.

don

Edited by don

Methinks that someone, an employee or craftsman who made these bars in a factory setting all day, made this for a relative or someone close, hence the attention to detail ( apart from the ribbon and medal order...)and the workmanship of the metal parts.

I also think that this bar would be easy to rearrange, simply by bending back the tags holding the front to the back, lifting the front away and examining the back piece ( perhaps the craftsman threaded the wee rings and used a nut to attach the ring to the bar) ( this will explain the lack of evidence visible of a welding of some sort)

If this is the case, ( the nut) it would be a simple ( but fiddly) job of unscrewing and so on...as for the ribbons well the thread would have been used all along...simply cut the joins between the ribbons and slide the ribbons off and rearrange them to suit.

But as Don says ...He likes it the way it is, so be it. biggrin.gif

Sorry to ramble on a bit... cheeky.gif

For me, there's 2 things to consider..

A) It was made like this (for whatever reason) so I wouldn't take it apart

B) Because without taking it apart, there's no way of knowing if the ribbons are stitched, or simply folded, I'd hate myself if I did take it apart and find my fat fingers could not only put it in the right order, but then be able to put it back the way it was!! That would be a travesty!