News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 months later...

OK, the name of the recipient of this 100% original period piece may help.

Leutnant (Ing) Hugo Seggermann, Leitender Ingenieur on U-862

heh heh.....

'Think further East...'

'A POW....'

Probably one clue too many...

Is it........ JAPANESE!!! :o

Marshall

Edited by Biro

Marshal ..I can't believe you , everyone knows the Japanese used slanted rivets come on now ! :shame:

At first I thought it was a Deschler because of the fatter ribbons on the wreath but ..the wreath does not match , at least from the angle of the picture and ...I'm not sure if they made a 5 rivet version.

heh heh.....

'Think further East...'

'A POW....'

Probably one clue too many...

Is it........ JAPANESE!!! :o

Marshall

Well done Marshall. The give away clue being that Seggermann served on a "Monsun" boat which operated out of a Japanese naval base in Penang. Most have heard of the Japanese made Auxiliary Cruiser badge, and of the EK1s with Japanese markings, but there were Knight's Crosses and DKs made out there too. Presumably sourced through the same jeweller firm in Yokahama with the help of Admiral Paul Wennecker, the German naval attache in Tokyo.

Note that the swastika can rotate around its central fixing rivet, hence the circular "score" line running around the silvered disc it sits on. No original German made piece has a swas that could rotate like this.

Otherwise a fairly faithful copy suggesting they had an original example to work from.

Guest Darrell

Great example Gordon. Bet a certain someone would scream "fake" and "Repro" because he doesnt have it in HIS collection ... :rolleyes:

Keep 'em coming :beer:

Edited by Darrell

And here I thought Marshall was joking around with that "smilie face" added to the post.

I knew German awards were presented over there but never knew the Japanese actually produced a DKG ..does anyone know how many German awards the Japanese made total ?

Where and how did you find it Gordon ..what a gem !

Edited by Mike

• 9 months later...

OK, the name of the recipient of this 100% original period piece may help.

Leutnant (Ing) Hugo Seggermann, Leitender Ingenieur on U-862

Hello,

I was browsing old messages and found fascinating this. Never had heard of japanese made DK.

I also have something from U-862 :P

a personal belonging of Korvettenkapit?n Timm

Regards

Francisco