News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pimp my ride

VOLGA-Porsche

Dear Bryan,

many thanks for these fantastic scans :cheers: .

The car is outstanding - look at the interior finsh :jumping: .

The Porsche-brakes alone might cost more, than three well-preserved "Volga"-cars :speechless1: .

The airbrush-work is also a very fine work of an very gifted artist :love: .

If that "Volga" has authentic Porsche-technique - motor, gearbox, suspension, etc. - inside, then our whealty fan of Stalin & the CCCP had spent a fortune in the USD 300.000,- + for his "Volga" :cheeky: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

BTW: Better the "new-rich" invest their money in that artistic way, then buying the fifth Rolex-watch with hughe carats of diamonds ...

Awsome paint work :jumping:

Heres a link to website that shows a Volga Coupe built on an BMW M Sport chassis and engine

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...en%26safe%3Doff

Order of Victory

Dear Vic,

do you have more scans of that Volga-V12-beauty :love::unsure: ?

Maybe it would make sense to raise a small serial production of such "improved" Volgas :unsure: ?

For a price of around USD 200.000,- it might be easy to sell about 100 cars worldwide - not only in Russia.

It would be great to see some of these cars driving around in Monaco :cheeky: .

Christian

Gentlemen,

I think, that we would have to sell or collections for buying such a VOLGA :( .

Christian

BTW: I prefer my orders & medals :D . Just imagine the costs for a brake-service at such a VOLGA :speechless1: .

For this, I might even sell medals (being in the USA), but Christian's point about brake service is WELL TAKEN - ouch.

The cost of servicing my SAAB is bad enough :rolleyes:

Hi Christian,

At the moment I dont have any more scans, but I am hopfully going to one of the Eastern European Car Show this year, so I will see if I can get some more scans then.

I was hopping it would be in my book of vehicles in Moscow 1902 - 2001 but its not :(

Order of Victory

BTW: I prefer my orders & medals :D . Just imagine the costs for a brake-service at such a VOLGA :speechless1: .

There is nothing so special about the break service. The motor inside is from a Porsche. It cost way more than the breaks.

There is nothing so special about the break service. The motor inside is from a Porsche. It cost way more than the breaks.

If it has ceramic brake discs with a brembro calipers it would cost a fortune replace when new ones are needed :rolleyes:

A general service would be a few thousand dollers :unsure:

Order of Victory

If it has ceramic brake discs with a brembro calipers it would cost a fortune replace when new ones are needed :rolleyes:

A general service would be a few thousand dollers :unsure:

Order of Victory

Dear Vic,

as I can see at the scan, the VOLGA has the "ordinary" Brembro-brakes for a Porsche with steel brake discs, but a general brake service - if you drive fast, that will occour rather often ;) - still costs a fortune.

For the 2-years-motor-service of the 8-cylinder-Porsche-turbo-engine you have to calculate with about several thousends of hard earned bucks :( .

Christian

Pay for Porsche - get a free volga :cheeky: ..... why!!!??? :speechless:

Jim :cheers:

Dear Jim,

that's not correct: Pay for 2 Porsche - get 1 free Volga :cheeky::jumping: .

Christian

BTW: Such a Volga tuned up with 500 hp + stalinistic airbrush paintings is much rarer than any Porsche ;) .

• 6 months later...

A very in your face picture of Mr. Stalin himself!!

What can I say......

.....De gutibus non disputandem est!

(or in simple words.... lets not argue about taste!!!)

Of course - one cannot help but admire the artwork.... and the engine!

......Am I forgetting Russian automobile engineering? Oops!

Jim :cheers: