News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian Presentaion Set

• 6 months later...

Hi Vic,

Hope you don't mind me premiering mine here... will put more detailed pics in another thread of my Hungarian collection. Just worked these out and can't wait till they arrive. :jumping: Many thanks to Zsolt without whom it would not have been possible. :beer: And also many thanks to him for being so kind to allow me to use his terrific pics of the sets. Zsolt... you're the greatest! :cheers:

Edited by Hauptman

So happy to finally have these. I hope someday to be able to obtain the set of mini's and although I'd love to have the set of full sized awards... don't know if that will ever happen.

But I can always dream... :P:sleep:

Dan :cheers:

Congrats Dan :cheers: No I am happy for any one to post there presentations sets here hint-hint :D

You have a set I dont have yet :jumping:

Vic

Hi Vic,

Many thanks my friend!!!! :cheers: Can't wait till you get the other one and we have bookends!

By the way... can anyone translate what it says on the top of the case?

Thanks!!!! :beer:

Dan,

It says "The Hungarian Peoples Republic Badges". Congratulations on getting these two sets from Zsolt. There are others out there. There is a another set of the qualification badges that opens from the centre. IE Hinged at both sides and folds into the centre. There is another set with different badges some of which are para badges. Good hunting!

Regards,

Gordon

Dan,

It says "The Hungarian Peoples Republic Badges". Congratulations on getting these two sets from Zsolt. There are others out there. There is a another set of the qualification badges that opens from the centre. IE Hinged at both sides and folds into the centre. There is another set with different badges some of which are para badges. Good hunting!

Regards,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Many thanks!!!! :cheers: Wow... two I didn't know about. Can anyone post pics of those? Would love to see them. :unsure:

Also... just so you know... I haven't forgotten about the Munkasor tunic... won't be too long now. :jumping: These just popped up from nowhere and I simply couldn't pass them up... been waiting since before Vic got his... in fact I shot him the links on those before. :P I'm so happy he was able to get the one he did and I pray he can work out the other one. Gotta keep both sides of the pond in balance.

These are indeed terrific sets by the look of them... course I know they'll be even better in person. Best of luck to everyone us our members who are hunting for these. I think they are well worth having as a part of ones Hungarian collection. :beer:

Hi all,

Here's my latest... fresh off Ebay today... to go with the above two presentation sets:

(Sellers photo)

Charles said this about it:

Given to special soldiers who qualified for the local, regional competitions as well as being the excelent company leader. Not too common, but it did happen. From the 1970's.

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Dan,

Something to go along with your presentation set. When the serviceperson qualified for one of these badges they were presented with a small certificate to prove that they were entitled to wear the badge. The one I will post pictures of is blank but I think of interest. The certificate starts on the front with the 3rd Class badge. On the back are places to record the progressing to 2nd class and to 1st class. Note on the front is a picture of the badge which has been awarded.

Regards,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Many thanks for the additional info on these and the pics as well. I love the color representation of the badge... very nice! :jumping:

Just out of curiosity... was there any documentation given with the presentation sets when they were given to whatever higher up received them? I don't know a ton on the history behind them... just what has been posted on them in the Hungarian section so far.

Dan,

I don't know if there was any documentation given with the presentation set. My set came from Germany and had been given to a member of the DDR NVA by a visiting Hungarian delegation. I asked if there had been any paperwork with the set but the vendor didn't know. He did know that the original owner had a Polish presentation set he had been given but he wouldn't part with that set. I was unable to get any names associated with the presentation set either.

I tried to arrange a meeting with the Curator of Documents at the Military Museum here to ask this sort of question but she doesn't reply my emails.

Regards,

Gordon

• 4 months later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 1 month later...

This is very minor compared to the other sets shown here but beggers can't be picky,

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Heavens... minor or not it's certainly a set and a really nice one! I'd be proud to own and display it with my other Hungarian items and I'm sure the rest of the guys would agree. It's a great addition to the thread. Just cause it's not in a hard case doesn't matter... it's definitely a set and as I say a nice one at that. :jumping:

Many thanks for sharing! :beer: Here's hoping you'll be able to find and aquire even more over time... of all types. :jumping: