News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Change in U.S. Postal Regulations

Gents,

This is probably of general interest to all GMIC members but since my responsibility is only to this forum I am going to post this info that I received today from an auction house in the U.S. here. I can not answer any questions on this change. This is the only info that I have. I do not know how this will affect things mailed to the U.S. Perhaps one of the U.S. members can check with their local post office and give us a more complete report.

Regards,

Gordon

As of Monday, May 14, 2007, The United States Postal Service will discontinue International Surface Shipping. The only shipping via the United States Postal Service for international will be International Priority and Air Letter.

Edited by Gordon Craig

It is true! And airmail rates have shot up! It'll be REALLY expensive to mail anything out of the USA.

The only good news is the 2nd ounce stamp will go down to 17 cents.

Hi all,

Actually I'd posted this in the Lounge a while ago:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17607

The prices are insane to say the least. :speechless1: For me I'm guessing it would be cheaper to drive up to Canada and mail out via Canada Post... as crazy as that might sound. Apparently lots of folks here have done that for years.

Dan :cheers:

Guest Darrell

Stephen Privetera is shipping the Iron Time 2 out already. Originally slated for May 15th, I wonder if the USPS decision to institute the date of May 14th had some influence over this decision ... :rolleyes: