News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Swedish Order of the Sword. What period?

Gentlemen

Am I right to assume that this badge of the Order of the Sword is different from the current issues? It is gold, weight 15grs, 55x39mm with the crown. the suspension ring being unsoldered and closed like a key-ring. The metal frame is quite thick, and the crown is attached to the cross by a horizontal hinge. It is beautifully made and one of the most stricking badges I have ever seen. No hallmark could be found.

My impression is that it could be XIXth century. Would anyone on this forum care to date it ?

Thank you

Veteran

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody

I just want to know if rolls of this medal exist and if it is published.I have got one ribbon bar to German officer with this one on it. I post the ribbon bar. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Christophe

• 2 weeks later...

Veteran: Balls on the tips of the cross arms became obligatory in 1856. So I guess some time before that year.

Christophe: Sure there are rolls with awarded foreigners. But are you sure the ribbon is Swedish? A crown and swords is not typical for this order's ribbon. It could also be a Sign of the sword an award for NCOs and that roll would be harder to get as it's not published.

/Kim

Edited by kimj

• 2 years later...

It took me more than 2 years to read this thread, but I just wanted to congratulate Christophe for the very nice ribbon bar with the very "exotic" Swedish Swords Order ribbon with crown and swords device! :beer::love:

Ciao,

Claudio

Hi everybody

I just want to know if rolls of this medal exist and if it is published.I have got one ribbon bar to German officer with this one on it. I post the ribbon bar. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Christophe

Hallo Christophe;

Can you post this question and bar in the Imp. German area? I think it should get everyone's attention there and maybe solve this little mystery via the gnomes.

Oh...by the way, great bar. :love: WGMMM, 2x LS and that gem on the end!