News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Most valuable shipwreck 'found off Cornwall'

Guest Rick Research

Ahhh, THAT'S where it is! :cheers: EXTREMELY uniformative "reporting" on this side of the pond. :banger:

This out to keep the lawyers in billable hours for generations-- keep us posted on the inevitable claims, counter-claims, and thumbs on the scales by allllllllllllllllllllllll those government entities who carve themselves shares but do none of the work with none of the risk! :cheers:

I believe the jurisdiction/salvage rights were granted prior to commencement of the operation (per US news reports). The wreck lies in international waters. The next question becomes.... How did a US court have the authority to grant rights to a wreck in international waters?? Spiffy story and the second major haul for this US based, publicly traded company!

But under the terms of an agreement, Odyssey will have to share any finds with the British government. The company will get 80 per cent of the first $45 million and about 50 percent of the proceeds thereafter.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...70520?hub=World

I could live with those arraignments

Edited by Laurence Strong

Guest Rick Research

Our pathetic evening network TV news reports the government of Spain has already sued because

1) they say it was stolen from them

2) if that doesn't work, it's in SPANISH :speechless1: waters.

• 4 weeks later...

All seems to have gone very quiet in relation to this wreck, I assume all the coins are being cleaned up etc. I also assume that they`ll be a a big auction of them all in the future? Will have to start saving now, ho,ho,ho.