News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1813 EK2

Doesn't look too much like a shaver but I'd be a bit concerned by the fact that the core details are so rough and the frame halves look as though they've been prised apart. It could be a museum piece but, to be brutally frank, it strikes me as an artisanal attempt at making an 1813 EK2.

PK

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Paul:

Unfortunately, Chris is entirely correct.

The piece that you have is a 1914 EKII which has had the details ground off of the obverse (I can see the circular machining marks left where the "1914" date used to be). The core is definately a 1914 EKII core which has been altered. The piece was then re-soldered poorly, hence the open seam. And of course, in my opinion, ANY EKII with a marked ring was made during the First World War or thereafter.

Thus, this is a forgery of relatively modern origin.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Hello Paul:

Unfortunately, Chris is entirely correct.

The piece that you have is a 1914 EKII which has had the details ground off of the obverse (I can see the circular machining marks left where the "1914" date used to be). The core is definately a 1914 EKII core which has been altered. The piece was then re-soldered poorly, hence the open seam. And of course, in my opinion, ANY EKII with a marked ring was made during the First World War or thereafter.

Thus, this is a forgery of relatively modern origin.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Thanks Guys, sent it back to the guy I traded with, again thanks, Paul