News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Souval EK1.....Variations

I know that Souval EKs are not really in the middle of interest when it comes to '39 Eks.....I hope you don't mind when I want to show you some of the non magnetic examples in different variations.Of course all EKs are maker marked! First we start with a brass core pinback-please notice the size of the swaz! (my camera is on the best way to get dumped-sorry about the bad pics!)

• 3 weeks later...

Your gallery of Souvals are really a treat to see, the brass-cored versions and the stamped pinbacks. There are so many unstamped Souvals to see, it's nice to see yours. I have heard that the 'dipping 3' in the date really authenticates a pre-45 Souval, which yours all seem to have, except for the zinc. Beautiful crosses! Thank you for posting one of my favorite EKI maker's products.

Robert

Edited by robert pierce

It seems I had a bit of a "Night of the Long Knives" and got rid of all of the Souvals from my photo archive as well, all I kept was a scan of this nice conditioned Souval EKII that was once part of my collection.

To tell the truth-I don't like them at all......even if they are wartime produced there will be always a bad taste left! But it's the same with Steinhauer&L?ck,Deumer......These Souvals are in my collection because there are doubtless wartime produced pieces.So it's simple-I want to have all EKs/variations and so these Souvals are a part of my collection.

Micha

I'm afraid I can't add to your gallery of Souvals Micha, they are my least favourite manufacturer of EKs and I purged them all out of my collection some time ago.

I never liked them either and have never added one to my collection. The very mention of the name Souval sends a shudder down my spine. How would you ever know if one was pre-may 1945 unless it had iron-tight history direct from the recipient??

Another turn-off is the number of different cores and pin hard-ware. Just too many variations for my liking.

I'm just starting to read this about the suspicion of all Souval made pieces. And S&Land Deumer also? Surely god not all the offerings from these firms are post war. What about an unmarked EK2 that is a Souval made piece? I have a KVK1 marked 4 and an RS marked minesweeper to boot. What's the opinion on pieces like that?