News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

...not too long ago, I posted a particularly 'ordinary' looking SA tinnie (ahem!)...

"SA Brigade 34, Chemnitz 1935"

...here is said tinnie again...matched with a photo of a SA Pioneer 'musiker'....according to a good friend who knows his SA history inside and out...this man's unit was part of SA Brigade 34...

...and what makes this photo even more special (apart from the fact it's a rare image of a SA Pioneer 'musiker')...is that if you look very closely at his uniform, you will notice the top of half of this very tinnie!....dating the photo to at least sometime in 1935...

...how I dearly wish the portrait photo was just a couple of inches lower...then we could have seen the entire tinnie in all its glory!...

• Replies 404
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...thank you for your kind words Sir!

:rolleyes:

...once upon a time we touched on the subject of postcards and programms that featured the tinnies we collect...

...so with that in mind...

"SA-Treffen Brigade 86, Schwaben, 24. und 25. August 1935"

...the postcard was 'cancelled' on the 25th August 1935....the writer on the back mentions attending the 'Brigadetreffen'...

• 1 month later...

...very nice Pete....

...and well done breathing life back into the 'SA tinnie' marathon !

...I shall have to post a few of my new additions...but waiting for the best natural light is not that good at the moment...every day is so over cast and dull...not to mention we're only getting about 6 hours proper daylight up here...

...and why not ???

...is there something happening tomorrow evening that is more important ???

:rolleyes:

...I would say that after the 'session' that we have got planned...there will be no danger of me being able to find my arse, even with the aid of an atlas....'cos my whole (pun intended!) sense of direction will be completely buggered (another pun!) ....

...bring on the quines! :P:speechless:

...bring on the Hogmanay !

:cheers::cheers:

...and maybe one for the road :cheers:

(still getting over last nights 'practice' run)

...here's a rather 'ordinary' (!) tinnie...featuring the same of Horst Wessel....you may have heard of him....a bit of a SA 'martyr'....apparently wrote a little known song.... :rolleyes:

"Horst-Wessel-Tag, Bielefeld 1933"

(Bielefeld being the birth place of HW)

Nice badges Ian. I particlarly like the last one, Efoplast?

This one is a rather muddy pressing, beautifully crisp on the back though.

It is another pressed cardbord/efoplast type material.

Edited by wood

...Hi Pete, correct on the 'Efoplast' thought...

...I do like the new one you've just posted....very nice...

....I have a few more SA on the way, one of which is paper, and another in 'Efoplast'...the rest will be assorted 'tin'...

Some real nice ones there,the Oberwiesenthal 1939 is stunning it,s in Tieste,s book 3rd auflage the only one i have, as

pappe. The 1938 skitreffen he says is efoplast, what the difference is i don,t know

Regards

Mametz