News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

...BLIMEY !!!...you just exploded along the thread....I'm sure one of the mod's will sort it out for you....

...yes, my badge also has 'Wernstein Jena' along the reverse bottom edge...

...and truth be told, I only noticed just now because you asked me to look for it... :rolleyes:

..as for a digital camera...doesn't really matter what make it is, as long as you use one with the best 'mega-pixels' you can afford....mine is a middle of the road 4.0 mega-pixels....works fine enough for both badges and family.... :D

• Replies 404
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...thanks Colin....just happened to be in the right place at the right time!

...the Brigade 34 meet occured in Chemnitz '35.....I wonder if this badge below is for the same group...

...a nicely made 'Efoplast' material...

"Wettkampftage Der SA-Gruppe Sachsen, Chemnitz, 2.-3.Juli 1938"

post-2711-1183018830_thumb.jpg

There was programmes on sale at some events, here's a pic. of one I nicked from an ebay auction, was not in a position to bid at the time unfortunately or I would have gone for it. Front cover features the tinnie from the event.

I try and collect the postcards that accompany tinnie events too, make nice displays.

C

Sorry pic. was slightly too big.. will try resize it and come back later.

Edited by Colin Davie

Hi Colin....

What a surprise this morning! A new thread dedicated solely to SA tinnies....

...I guess that means the pressure is on to keep coming up with the goods!

I would really like to see 'treffen' programmes featuring the tinnie....but not so much the N?rnberg programmes, that's a bit too easy I think....it would be nice to see the smaller events....the idea of collecting postcards as a background is also good...I've never seen a postcard with any of my SA tinnies, but I have seen postcards with combat and sports awards...

...those two SA cardboard tinnies are fantastic...really good to see in such great condition....

...I only have one cardboard tinnie so far....

"Appell der SA-Standarte 153, G??nitz, 17.2.35"

post-2711-1183105351_thumb.jpg

SA Standarte Weisbaden on WAF. Quite a bit of silver wash left on it but looks like a replacement pin. Just a heads up is all. Have a Nice weekend. Robert

PS I already have that one. Mine has less silver left but has its' original pin.

Edited by BURGERHAUS

...thanks for sharing Colin...

...I've been keen to add the 'Braunschweig treffen' badge to my collection....but the diverse range of 'solid-back' & 'hollow-back' versions, with or without 'RZM'...etc, etc....and the huge discussions that go on about what makes it a real example or a fake.....'soft-edged eagle'....'hard-edged eagle'....dot's beside the date number's or not...how the letters are finished off...

...all of which just made me give up trying to work it out...too many pro's and cons...

I got mine from Detlev Niemann years ago.

They sit really well next to the Meschede badge you also have, very similar design, I think the Okt. Meschede one was based on the Okt. Braunschweig badge almost exactly 2 years later.

Cheers Claymore

C.

My example of which i spoke. The needle is so dainty, it is hard to imagine how it survived intact for 70+ years. On that note, do any of you folks ever ponder the life and history of any of your pieces? Some look so fresh it makes one wonder where and how they where kept out of harms way (children or disinterested heirs just to name a few) for all these years?

Just the tiniest bit of solder securing the needle.

Edited by BURGERHAUS

...I too have thought about the men that may have worn the very badge I now own...how they felt attending a local SA 'treffen'...how their lives developed during the war-years, did they survive?...

..and the other thing that comes to mind is that during the entire 3rd Reich period, there must have been already then, collectors of these badges....so somewhere throughout Germany, are there lofts with a hidden-away tinnie collection put together by children of those times, just imagine the gems that are still to be found!...

...and back to reality with a bump...

...a nice looking 'physical' SA tinnie....that is NOT listed in Tieste......(double-checked the 5th edition)....

...but whilst this particular tinnie is not listed, there is a nearly identical version listed as =

(SA 34-01) "SA-Sportwettkampf Sturmbann II/29, 3. u. 10. Juni 1934" ....which has the same artwork, but different date and SA unit number...

...my version is =

"SA Sport-Treffen Sturmbann III/439, Witzenhausen, 1 Juli 1934"

....'yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum!'....

...I'm assuming this 'SA-Gruppe Sachsen' are a Marine unit....even though Lauenhain is nowhere near the coast... :unsure:

"SA Sport-Wehrkampftag SA-Gruppe Sachsen, Lauenhain, 3.u.4.Juli 1937"

...as an after-thought...and to carry on an idea of Colin's...

...if the SA-Gruppe Sachsen is a Marine unit...

...then maybe they also knew this song...the song is actually written for Marine-SA-Sturmbann III/2 based in Leipzig....

"Im Marinesturm" (Marschlied der Marine S.A.)