News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1914 EK1 screwback....

This one is really strange -a real huge screw and a DRGM "engraving".....I haven't got any doubts about the EK and the screw,but the DRGM looks a little like "home improvement".Have you seen this kind of marking before or do you have pictures in your databases?I know one of these EKs was sold by Winkler a while ago but I don't know if this one is the same cross- as the seller didn't answered my last mail.....

Micha

post-273-1183135709_thumb.jpg

That could be! I will book this one under "EK -curiosity" Do you remember the "keyback" variation I had posted a while ago?

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13233

When I got the pictures I had my doubts....now that EK has landed finally in my own collection and it appears to me a s a legit variation! Anyway-I will have to find more examples or pics from this variation........

Micha

Micha,

I have seen this cross before. Is this one from Weitze ? I had the same question

the first time that I saw it. I love the big screwbacks and almost went for this one myself.

Edited by gregM

Hi Micha,

It was Winkler who had the other example. This is definitely NOT the same cross (I have the pics saved). The Winkler example had different DRGM "engraving" (no brackets for a start) and the back of the cross was 925 marked. The very crude screwpost appears to be similar on both example. The core on the two crosses is imo the same.

I did not like the engraving on the Winkler example - it looked like it was done with a modern electric engraver. The "engraving" on your example looks much more believable though.

Although the cross itself and large backplate look OK, I'm really not sure what to make of these screwposts and engravings. The only thing that makes me say it's not one of the current EK2 conversions is the fact that both examples appear to be vaulted.

Regards

Mike