News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lt.-Col. Ilya Grigoryevich Reznikov

• Replies 84
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

I'm having trouble with reading the stamps.

he was apparently a Commissar.

Note 3 light wound stripes on Orders Book photo.

Caucausus is Political Administration ...

K?nigsberg is Reserve Political Council....

Warsaw is 21st Motorized....

Caucasus and K'berg have units written out "P.U.S.G.B." NOT what the stamps say... and as ever,abbreviations thwart me. P olitical A dministration S omething S omething S omething.

Guest Rick Research

cropd and as big as can be posted all visible on monitor:

Caucasus and Warsaw (rotated 180? they are upside down on the document)

Victory Over Germany and K?nigsberg bigger and cropped

1948 the stamp and written out unit abbreviations. :beer:

This is one of those days having 1 eye is not working well.

His jubilees are mainly from City of Belotserkovsky in Kiev Oblast.

Guest Rick Research

AhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHA!

P.U.S.G.V. = Political Administration of Northern Group of Forces (Caucasus & Victory Over Germany)

Now, I've never HEARD of the "Northern Group of Forces" during the war! :Cat-Scratch:

Warsaw = 21st Motor(ized?) (Something)grad [Place name] [illegible) Red Banner Detachment.

Now that's interesting, since the unit is an OTRYAD... "Detachment" as my limited knowledge associates with Civil War "bands" of partisans etc. NO clue how large or small an "Otryad" would have been in WW2-- have never seen that designation before after the 1920s! :Cat-Scratch:

K?nigsberg = Reserve Political Staff of the Northern Group of Forces.

There's THAT again!

I have no clue what the "Northern Group of Forces" was. What usually turns up is something like the 3rd White Russian FRONT or whatever.

"Group of Forces" I associate only with the Soviet Group of Forces in occupied Germany after the war:

perhaps THAT is where these were issued from?

But then IN occupied Germany, what would the NORTHERN forces have been?

Should have noted that he is a Captain of armored troops in that Orders Book photo, but had made major by 1948. And there's the rub--

despite being one day apart, there are two completely different stamps for the same unit then, and both are splotchy, so trying to piece a whole together.

His Warsaw was late (24.8.48)

but his 1948 was early (23.8.48). The 1948 looks a bit clearer, but seems to say :speechless1: 21st Motorized TOPOGRAPHICAL.......

so please do the whole bottom of that page, the stamp AND the unit written underneath it on the 1948 Jubilee.

Verrrrrrry interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

His Warsaw was late (24.8.48)

but his 1948 was early (23.8.48). The 1948 looks a bit cleaer, but seems to say :speechless1: 21st Motorized TOPOGRAPHICAL.......

so please do the whole bottom of that page, the stamp AND the unit written underneath it on the 1948 Jubilee.

Verrrrrrry interesting.

Sorry this has taken so long. Life has been thus.

The Warsaw:

Guest Rick Research

Ahhhhhaaaaaa, 21st Motorized Topographical "Stettin, Order of the Red Banner" Detachment.

Whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttevvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvver THAT was. :catjava::rolleyes:

• 4 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

Awards Record Card and front and back personnel file pages (stamp sized photo upper left) would be acceptable. :catjava::rolleyes: