News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi Swords

Sal

• Replies 72
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

Hi all....while I am not a collector of swords and edged weapons, I was offered a grouping here in Baghdad that contains 2 swords. both are well made and solidly constructed. I hae no idea when they were made. Both are marked with German maker marks. I did t write the names. One is marked with the Iraqi National Republic eagle and some script. The other is marked with a triangle atop an arab symbol....not sure what it is or what letter it is.

I am curious what, if any, value Iraqi swords would have in the parket and what the potential value is. They are part of larger group but the seller says he wants 1000 bucks for each....any thoughts are appreciated....I am lost in this realm of collecting but if I can get a legit price, I will make an offer to him.

Thanks for any help

Tony

Brother you should have bought them swords at that time, I believe that they were selling for $1,200.00 in the Bazzar at FOB Liberty BIAP, now they are bing sold for $2,500.00-$3,000.00 For the Iraqi Sword of Hereos, it was a sword given to Higher officers with the First Class Order of the Two Rivers.

It has been said if the wearer had these items awarded to him, if his brother commeted a crime against the government the 2 awards could have gave enough power for the wearer to save his family member. Now if this is true I don't know I was told this by an Iraq Army General who served during Saddam Hussein's Time:)

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

I was told that the Iraqi Sword of Qadassiya is the most expensive swords of the republic, because of the gold inside the blade. The swords were made out of the steel from the fallen soldiers weapons of Iraq's War with Iran in 1980-88.

One just sold for $10,000.00 out of Iraq this last year.

2892393060103172408S600x600Q85.jpg

This sword sold this year on the market for $10,000.00 it was offered to me, for which I passed on do to the high price I believe it sold to a high ranking officer in the U.S. Army.

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Here is an image of Saddam Hussein Holding the beautiful sword of al Qadassiya;) This is my dream piece for my collection!